Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am totally inexperienced with breeding so please be gentle with me.

I decided I will stud him out once to one of the breeders lines so that I can get pick of the litter, or should I say my sister will get pick of the litter as the puppy will be for her. She and my neice really wants a long coat now, and she wants one that looks just like my little Wiz.

One of my concerns is: is it wrong to breed him with his eye color. His eyes are kind of green. Is this totally against the standard? My sister will be getting the puppy fixed afterward and I will also be getting Wiz fixed. Will the fact that I have studded him once cause him health problems? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There are many questions you have to answer actually..... is your dog registred with an official club (depending where you're from - AKC, KC, FCI)? Does he fit the standards? Have you ever tried showing him? Has he got all the tests for hereditary diseases? As for the eyes, I can't help you....anyone heard of green eyes? I thought they should only be dark brown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts