Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We adopted Sharky from the shelter about two weeks ago and had him checked out by a vet. I asked the vet to check his neuter site (he was neutered at the pound) because it felt like they left something in there. He said it was very swollen, so he couldn't say, but that he hoped they had taken everything out. Well now the swelling has gone down and I definitely feel something in there. It feels like one testicle was left in there. And also they said they used glue to seal the incision, but now there is a string coming out of the area. I pulled on it because I thought it was just a string from the carpet or something and was stuck on the outside, but it is definitely firmly attached. It doesn't look like stitching material either, it looks kinda like kite string. Is there anything else this can be inside there beside a remaining testicle? And what is with this string? I am going to call the vets office and see if I can speak with the vet tomorrow, but what else could this be? It was a vet who performed the surgery at the shelter, so why would she leave one in there? This is very strange to me, anyone else ever hear of this? If she did leave one in there, will they have to go back in? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sharky's neuter was done on the first of Februaury, so we are coming up on three weeks since then. All the swelling has gone so I am pretty sure this is a testicle I feel in there (I mean swelling wouldn't be in the perfect oval shape of a testicle anyway, right?). We did not request that they neuter him, they had already done it, but we had to pay for it. It was only $20, which I don't understand how that could even cover the drugs, so I don't really know. The vets name who did it is on this sheet we got and her name was followed by DVM and she has a license number so I assume she is an actual vet. I am just confused by all of this. I don't see how something like that could happen. I hope I am wrong, but it is just too wierd. I haven't removed the string (it seems to be tied in a stitch type knot) because I want the vet to see it since they told me their were no stitches used only glue so not to worry. I might actually go up to the shelter tomorrow and have the lady who told me there were no stitches explain what the string is and see if she feels the testicle too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maureen--thanks, I bet that is what the string was then.

As for the testicle, it still feels like its there and the same size (I was waiting a bit longer to make sure it wasn't some kind of strange swelling). I have to take him in to the vets soon for a dental, so I am just going to ask the vet then if he thinks whatever that is in there needs to be removed. He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything from it, it just feels a little too strange for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This morning I felt his area and what I thought was a testicle had reduced by about half in size. It is harder now, and really is too small to be a testicle I think, but is still in that same shape. So I am kinda excited because hopefully it will all go way with time. I think it is sad, though, because there is no reason why his area should have stayed swollen that long. It has almost been a whole month ago that he was neutered! Think of how painful that must be for him (having a surgery on that area and having it stay swollen for a month)! Poor guy, he really got butchered! :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.