Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all is there a chihuahua rescue in cornwall as i am interested in getting a new one but i want to adopt

·
Registered
881 Posts
no i think its the British chihuahua club or the midland chihuahua club, there isnt that many rescue charity's for chi's. i also think there is a waiting list.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks i will have a look, i did try and find jeshan on the members list but i couldnt find her :(
no i think its the British chihuahua club or the midland chihuahua club, there isnt that many rescue charity's for chi's. i also think there is a waiting list.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
When I got Honey I was looking at rescue. But there just isnt any around here :(
I went to the pound and looked at different rescue groups. But no one had any.
Good luck Its a really good thing to think about a rescue and giving a dog a 2nd chance!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i know what you mean ive looked on the internet and they are just way to far for me to go :( yeah ive looked in the dog homes to and still nothing, thanks ill keep looking i hope i get lucky and find one. :D
When I got Honey I was looking at rescue. But there just isnt any around here :(
I went to the pound and looked at different rescue groups. But no one had any.
Good luck Its a really good thing to think about a rescue and giving a dog a 2nd chance!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That's so strange. Here there are probably 100 chis in rescue and the humane society within an hour's drive of us (not meaning to rub it in). You must value your chis more as a society!
Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
That's so strange. Here there are probably 100 chis in rescue and the humane society within an hour's drive of us (not meaning to rub it in). You must value your chis more as a society!
The whole time I looked I only found 1
And he was a LC male, Who was older and not
desexed.
I was after a SC female.
Chi's are expensive here $1000 +
So maybe that is the reason they are few and
far between for adoption?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have never seen a chihuahua in a dog kennel here, and probs if there was one it would most likely go within 5 mins, there aint many chihuahuas here its a bit annoying.they sell here for £400 up to £2500 i was lucky though i baught roxi for £250 :hello1:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hi there, what you need to do is download an application form from the BCC web site, complete and return it to Pam Bungard who then puts you on the list but just because you're added last doesn't mean you will wait forever. If one comes up in your area you would be considered before someone in say Manchester. All your profile has to be matched up tho. Current dogs, kids, work commitments etc
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great info. My mom wants a rescue dog before we get a pup. But a rescue doesn't necessarily mean an older dog. I don't know if there actually is a RSPCC place near here (Guernsey Channel Islands) - think it's closed or VERY small ie no rescues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts