Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya all
i feed roxi on roay canin dry food and for a couple of months she was eating it fine and recently she seems to have gone off it. i have done the tough love thing and tonight finally she has eatedn but i am wondering is there is anything i can put with it. i was thinking of chicken or ham with it but then she will most likely just pick the meat out and leave the buiscuits
has anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Maybe some Nupro. I just started giving it to my pups. I add warm water and make it a gravy and pour on their food. They are loving it and its good for them too :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Try finding a tastier nugget :) When I fed Royal Canin a few years ago, I had to ALWAYS add something to it like canned food, meat/veggie mix or anything like that to get Zoey to eat. How old is she? Could she have dental problems and that's why she doesn't want to crunch the kibble?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
If you want to add meat, be aware that she may pick the meat off and leave the kibble. ;) Also, if you do add meats, don't use ham - it has nitrates and salt. NOT good for dogs. Look for just plain meats with no sodium added. (They even add sodium to pork and chickens to plump them up and make them more tender.) Read the labels. Sodium should be 100mg or less per 4 ounces.

You could add a good quality canned if you wanted. But be aware that adding things to food can make them picky eaters. They are always looking for something 'better' to be added to the food.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
If she's finally eaten, I would say that you probably don't need to add anything to the RC. I have read that their food should be changed every so often in order to meet nutritional needs. Perhaps you might give that some thought.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try finding a tastier nugget :) When I fed Royal Canin a few years ago, I had to ALWAYS add something to it like canned food, meat/veggie mix or anything like that to get Zoey to eat. How old is she? Could she have dental problems and that's why she doesn't want to crunch the kibble?
hey she is just over 1 years old. and her teeth are fine. its odd she just decided she didnt want it and walk away from it. :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to add meat, be aware that she may pick the meat off and leave the kibble. ;) Also, if you do add meats, don't use ham - it has nitrates and salt. NOT good for dogs. Look for just plain meats with no sodium added. (They even add sodium to pork and chickens to plump them up and make them more tender.) Read the labels. Sodium should be 100mg or less per 4 ounces.

You could add a good quality canned if you wanted. But be aware that adding things to food can make them picky eaters. They are always looking for something 'better' to be added to the food.
yeah thast what roxi would do shes a sneaky bugger lol, and thanks for the info on sodium and salt ill look around for that :)
i didnt really wanna put her on wet food or evan mix if i could help it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If she's finally eaten, I would say that you probably don't need to add anything to the RC. I have read that their food should be changed every so often in order to meet nutritional needs. Perhaps you might give that some thought.
yeah thats what me and hubby was thinking. he thinks that she has gone off it as she just snubs her nose up at it :foxes15: and she will evan let the cats get it and she never does that lol. there is nothing wrong with her though she is in perfect health :D
hope your ok lin :D x

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Hey Cody, yeah I am fine, just fighting the flu. :) Hope all is straightening out with your baby. They can be frustrating at times.

I just switched the boys to Wellness Core. The food I had been feeding them just didn't measure up. When I switched them, they took to the Wellness right off. Usually, as I do the gradual change, they will pick the new food out and not eat it. But they didn't with the Wellness. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey is always happy with her RAW, so I have been lucky there, I hope Izzy isnt a fussy eater when I get her. Nothing worse then a chi that wont eat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts