Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I just got some pics of a chihuahua that i might be buying just wondering if you guys could please tell me what you think of him? he is 2 months old in this pic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i also see JRT, i have one too i was told thinking she was purebred but as she got older she got all this funny hair! LOL shes cute and i love her little but no matter what she is!

He is such a sweet lookin guy!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I see a lot of Jack Russell in him like the others stated, but he's adorable. The only thing I would caution against is that if he does have JRT in him, his activity level might be more than what you'd expect from a chi. Not a bad thing if you have kids or are very active, but I'm more of a mellow kinda gal, so I thought I'd toss it out there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
sorry but i carnt see any chi in him at all if its a full chi you are wanting i would wait until one came up there is so many people conning people saying they are full chis and charging crazy prices when they have been crossed with jr just look in any rescue centre they are full of them and all you would pay there is a donation not hundreads for a crossbreed its a joke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok thanks guys for the advise, i will post some more recent pics today those pics were taken at 2 months he is now almost 4 months born January 17th 09. the lady has told me that he is a purebred but im not sure?? I can only go by the pics which arnt that good, but I think as long as he gets on good with my two doggies he will stay. I'm not to concerned if he is purebred, but it would be nice to know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i forgot to put in my last post, I have always wanted a chi but not really gone out of my way to buy one. I have a chi x Maltese and she was a rescue. this little boy has come up because the original owner is a single mother and she said that she couldn't keep him any more as he didn't get along with her 1year old daughter, also she said that she cant afford to feed/look after him. So as far as i new I thought i would be buying a purebred chi but as soon as I seen the pics I thought he didn't look right, I thought that maybe he has Mini Foxie him? I never thought about JR, as his face don't look like one, but then again im not an expert! Either way i will be happy for him to become part of my family as long a he gets long with my to dogs, im not concerned if he isn't purebred he just need a good home. He has spent the past 2 months locked in a sun room with no socialization or attention.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
I think he looks just like a Jack Russell Terrier.
Can't see scrap of Chihuahua in there.

That said more and more Chihuahuas for sale online in the UK are looking like JRT's.

Because many BYB's are breeding crosses on the side to make a few extra bucks, you wonder if they really no which pups are pedigree and which are not?

Barbara x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts