Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously.....is it common for them to want to chew your HAIR?

I have long hair and Raz isn't the first one that likes to chew my hair when I'm lying down on the couch or bending over to pick him up.

My mother's youngest irish setter use to do the same thing when he was young.

So is it just my puppies that are this wierd or is it common?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:? Stinky used to do it...but be careful and try for your puppy not to do it..by chewing my hair Stinky ate some and lets say his poop making time was really painful because there was hair literally coming out of his you know what..I'm pretty sure he learned not to do it after THAT! :D Also, he spent about two days sick...he was throwing up hairballs..when he was chewing I thought it was cute and I let him... :? THAT I kinda regret :D tho it WAS funny...the little thing got me worried sick for about 3 days!!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Buster loves to do that too. I don't let him do it but my hair is so long and I have so much of it, there's probably more of my hair laying around than my animals hair. So I catch him eating it off the couch and stuff :roll: . He also has bad poops because of it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sklarsen said:
seriously.....is it common for them to want to chew your HAIR?

I have long hair and Raz isn't the first one that likes to chew my hair when I'm lying down on the couch or bending over to pick him up.

My mother's youngest irish setter use to do the same thing when he was young.

So is it just my puppies that are this wierd or is it common?
I do not get it but PNut does it too... whenever I am sitting or laying down she tries to eat my hair.... It will be interesting to see what everyone else says...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes, I confess, BOTH of mine like to try and eat my hair. Its funny when they get in in their mouth and try to chew it, they start hacking away! LOL Chiquita has swallowed a few of my hairs before and she has had some painful clinger poops :D She gets a cling-on before she's done pooping and she runs around squatting and looks at me and whines and yelps like "MOM GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!" :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Yes, Poppy will take the opportunity to have a chew on my hair if I am lying on the bed or sitting where she can get to it....strange!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts