Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this on a couple of occassions: Friday will take off at high-speed. I live in a small apartment and she gets pretty much the run of the place when I am home. I was sitting in the kitchen on the floor wanting to play with her. She would run/dart to me and quickly run into the bedroom. Back and forth, back and forth. But I'm talking about FAST running. Her eyes looked wild and there was no calming her down until she was ready. I didn't know what to do, but when she settled down, I took her to her water bowl and drank a good amount.

Was she just playing? We had gone for a walk earlier in the evening.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes! It's called the "Zoomies"

I love it when mine start it. I usually start calling in a shrill voice "Weeee there she goes!" which just seems to encourage them LOL

You have to keep an eye on them though, if they start jumping on and off of furniture or running up and down stairs, they can hurt themselves.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. You made it sound so cute! I was a little frightened yesterday. But now I know. She doesn't jump on furniture yet, but to be safe, I changed the position of my bed so she wouldn't hit the frame.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yep, she's playing! Angel does that too. She will do a figure eight around furniture in the living room over and over again. I didn't realize it was as common as it apparently is though. I'll have to remember "the Zoomies". That's too cute! LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*laughing*
I just reread my post and it sounds like I took her to her water bowl and I took a drink! I forgot a word... :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico does that too, usually when he starts playing with my kitties (aka, his best friends :) ) i think its cute, but i don't like it when he does it late at night (usually when he does it, lol) because i live in an apartment upstairs.

·
Registered
825 Posts
My Melys whos 11 weeks old does that too... and when i say whooooooooo when she does it she seems to do it more... lol. I dont think its just a Chi thing as my LLhasa Apso(Elliott) and Shih tzu(Schnorbitz) do it too! The Shih tzu who is 9 months old also includes the garden with inside the house when he does zoomies and its so funny to watch :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget used to get the zoomies at 11pm every night... but then he stopped doing them so late at night after he started being outside most of the day with me... I think he gets warn out and all he wants to do in the evenings anymore is sleep.... he did get the zoomies the other day outside.. it was funny because my mom hadn't seen him do it before so she got really excited...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Yep, we love the zoomies. Lily will run back and forth between the two bedrooms with that wild look in her eyes and her mouth hanging open. As Fizzy's mum says, it's best just to stand still and try not to get in the way. Lily will also race round and round a chair in the living room until you're dizzy just watching her. :lol:

What a bunch of nuts these guys are! There're nothing quite as entertaining as a zooming chi!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggies day is not complete without one zoomies episode Unfortunately he thinks he me or my husband must take part and it wears us out :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo gets the zoomies throughout the day....and ALOT when he is at Grandmas house... :D

My poodle used to do this too when he was younger...non stop....he does it every now and then but since he is old he can only do it for a lil bit cuz he ends up hacking :(

It's cute when they do it together :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts