Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
im probaly gonna sound really stupid but JJ has started at around half 11 at night taking her treats and running around the house trying to bury them, now while i've been told its normal , she seems to get really upset and starts crying and wimpering as shes looking around the flat untill i put her on the bed she sometimes calms down and pretends to bury it, she gets a hour and a half on the lead each day and unlimited access to the ground floor and backgarden so i dont think its excerise she needs.Also even though she is fully puppy pad trained and we've had no accidents since start of augus tnow she has started this last twoweeks she has stoped using her pads and walking into my ensuite and doing her stuff right infront of the toilet sometimes she'll start peeing on the pads stop and then finish it in the toilet .i've tried putting a child gate up but my two year old and my partner keeps opening it and letting her in saying its funny and that shes only copying them cus she sees everyone else go in there.she does her buisness outside except after 10 at night as at the moment we seem to get tons of slugs.do you think this is a phase or am i doing something wrong?any help would be welcome please.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hmmmm? It may be that she is smelling the urine in the toilet and it is confusing her? As for the other, is it possible that she has a UTI? Has anything changed in the environment to stress her out? How old is she?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Keona has done that with her treats since she was little , we have to take them off her sometimes because she stresses herself out so much .

with the toileting keona has also been the same we go through good patches with no accidents than she has a few mistakes and in the bathroom as well , i just keep the door closed and it goes back to normal .

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I wish I could be more help but I don't know anything about this hon, sorry. Shayley gets somewhat like that with her toys, where she will collect them and get very whinny with them. She'll carry them around NONE stop and cry and usually if she keeps it up we have to take them away until she gets calm again. She hardly ever does this though but every blue moon she'll start it up again. Hope somebody on here can give you a good answer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi thanks for the advice/help guys its good to know i've not got the only dog thats done this.i'll try taking them off her when she next does it.as for the bathroom i'll have to try harder to keep the gates shut.

hi Yoshismom she is 6 months,ive sprayed the room with the simple solution odour eliminator stuff the petshop sold me for the flooring and i've removed the bathmats but i might of missed some so i'll try again.the only change since i've got her at 3 months is we've started potty training our two year old.She had her six month check up on monday and is perfectly healthy,as for uti im not sure, she doesnt seem to be going more oftern or in pain,i think its more likely shes playing me because today she went and showed my and seemed quite proud wagging her tail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts