Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 month old girl chi and she sleeps in her crate from 9 pm til 7 am. She will get up, go potty and then sleep on the sofa under a blanket til about 9am. I have had her for 4 months and she has always done this. I would think she would be very hungry when she first gets up but she will not eat a thing until 10am or so. The rest of the day she eats fine. Is this normal. She is growing and gaining weight and is healthy.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Just be glad your baby eats! I had a puppy (Zarita) that wouldn't eat enough, and the vet kept insisting that I get that NutroCal down her if she didn't eat to prevent hypoglycemia. She was only a pound when she came home at 12 weeks. She needs competition to eat! Even now she usually doesn't eat until evening, even though the other dogs are fed in the AM. Sue DAvis

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have a 5 month old girl chi and she sleeps in her crate from 9 pm til 7 am. She will get up, go potty and then sleep on the sofa under a blanket til about 9am. I have had her for 4 months and she has always done this. I would think she would be very hungry when she first gets up but she will not eat a thing until 10am or so. The rest of the day she eats fine. Is this normal. She is growing and gaining weight and is healthy.
yep Dottie 6months sleeps most of the time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bella sleeps all night and 3 hours in the morning, then she is up for all day. She eats very good after 10am. 3 times a day. I feed her dry food twice a day and then she gets chicken, rice and carrots or greenbeans about 6 pm. she is loving her walks and I throw a toy across the room and she almost beats it to where it lands. She know the commands for bring it, drop it and get it. She is soooooooooooo smart.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster sleeps anytime im sleeping hes right there by me hes so sweet and he takes a couple little naps after playing outside during the day he doesnt eat much i worry about his food intake but he seems to eat what he needs

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Both my dogs eat twice a day, morning and evening. They are VERY ready for their food when I put it down. But I know plenty of folks on here have dogs who are on very different feeding schedules, who won't eat at certain times of they day, who will only eat once a day etc.

Dogs have their preferences just like humans I guess. If she's gaining well and is healthy and gets decent exercise, then I'd just follow her lead as to when she wants to eat and sleep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts