Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if everyone thought this was OK. Taco likes eating ice cubes....you know those small ones that the ice cube maker in your freezer makes. He just crunches them up and eats them. I think he thinks they're a treat. Every time you open the freezer door, he comes running. :wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: Is ok, especially when they are teething..just make sure you always keep and eye on him when he does it...choking hazard...but I think they are a great and inexpensive treat. :wink:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I agree with what Vala says. Watch that your doggie doesn't choke. Cooper loves to chase them around the kitchen floor, then he'll pick them up and take them to his house (a cardboard ripped up box with a blanket and tons of cooper steals in it) and he'll let it melt in there :?: :lol:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sounds like a good treat to me. and it is free which makes it even better. :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
The Possible choking hazard would worry me but as everyone else`s dogs have them with no problem, then it should be fine. But id make sure you supervise your dog. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would try this with Mario except when we give him chilled water he shakes, like its cold in his tummy. I'm sure ti doesnt hurt him but its is still strange.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
icecubes are fine and fun, of course as has been said watch for the choking hazzard but otherwise.
icecubes are especially good fun if you live somewhere hot. as its good to ehlp lower their body temperature :)
hers some fun games. if your chi likes to play in water: take a tub of water (just deeper then the icecubes are large) and float icecubes in it, think of bobbing for apples.
another fun ame is letting them chase a large icecube round on a wooden floor, it glides acorss the floor and provides lots of chase and pounce fun untill it melts, and on a wooden floor, cleanup is easy.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
ilovesadie, you are so funny...

Gadget loves ice cubes.. he likes to lick the condensation off of the outside of our glasses too.... it is funny...

Before my surgery I had a ice addiction.. couldn't get enough... I had to start giving them to gadget because he would drive me nuts until I gave in... hehehe

I wish my ice was free... We have nasty water here so we buy bags of ice and bottled water.. now we have filtered water. but I don't have a ice maker and it is easier to buy a bag then make ice cubes... we would have to have a freezer full of nothing but icecube trays.. hehehhe

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie likes them too. He comes running when I dump the cubes. He also like those frozen flavored pops that are liquid and you freeze them I take a bite and suck out most of the flavor because of the sugar and then give it to him :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts