Chihuahua People Forum banner

is this rude?lol

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  BexyBoo 
#1 ·
I was on a post from another site, it's nothing like this site. It's full of people that don't know much about animals, and mainly go on there 2 ask questions...After my reply i got called a b word lol and they said i was rude lol...

There post said: My chihuahua dog is"in heat" how long does it last and can i breed her cause a breeder said i can, she is 2 pounds and it is her first heat.

My reply:

wow so many of u don't know crap about dogs, specially chihuahuas. Why would u want 2 breed your tiny chihuahua, do you not know there are to many risks in this. Breeders that do it have experience and a vet on stand by im sure(in case of complications). If you don't even know about a dog "being in heat" why would u even think of breeding. Get educated first, don't ask questions about this online , go see your vet!!! They will tell you about your dog being bred, tiny chihuahuas have so many complications during birth and alot die and many just die from puppies being stuck (c-sections are expensive), are you prepared financially to take your dog to the vet when this happens??? Don't be dumb, you really think asking someone online is better than speaking to your regular vet, do your homework and spay your dog, there are so many dogs to rescue, why not adopt one instead of breeding a tiny 2 pound dog? (rolls-eyes)

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes..the delivery was rude. If you truly want to help, either the person as a dog owner or their pup, you wouldn't use the tone and style that you did. It sounds like an emotional reaction to the question. ;)...you were probably upset when you wrote it or something...maybe

#3 ·
I prob would have told her that a 2lb chi is way to small to breed. Along with ignorance of this person not knowing that you should never breed a female on the first heat, she certainly shouldnt be breeding at all. If they dont know that than god help that poor little dog. If they dont know the obvious than someone should really stress it to her. Her poor dog :( it really upsets me as well, but ignorant people like that need to be educated a little differantly. If the dog is on her first heat then she most likely isnt even a year old yet.

#4 ·
well i was annoyed cause this person was on there sayin how they are going to breed a tiny 2 pound dog, so ya ina way i guess i was trying to give that person a reality check , but in no way did i curse compared to the way they did lol i had it coming but i was trying 2 get my point across. That site is nothing like this one, everyone here i respect and would never say something like that here, but as far as that site goes i have no respect for people that go online and ask things like that instead of going 2 the vet and asking, im sure no one here would want 2 breed a 2 pound chi i know i wouldnt.

#5 ·
yes it was rude. I agree with what you were saying but I don't think anyone would be receptive when it was presented that way. "I'm sure you wouldn't want to do anything that would be dangerous to your dog" would be better received than "you don't know crap!"
I understand your frustration but there is an old saying "No one cares how much you know unless they know how much you care." Another you catch more flies with honey...etc.
That doesn't mean they weren't ignorant, rude or inappropriate...lol...but you didn't ask that. :)

#7 ·
I understand your frustration but there is an old saying "No one cares how much you know unless they know how much you care." Another you catch more flies with honey...etc.
That doesn't mean they weren't ignorant, rude or inappropriate...lol...but you didn't ask that. :)
I always told my boys, "Sayings are sayings because they are true." My Mother always said, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." You were as someone said 100% correct and from reading your past post I know you have alot of heartache and emotion behind your feelings, but one thing to think about also is that people on this forum also happen to be chi experts. I'm not sure that the people on the forum you were on were chi experts let alone as you said animal experts. Just maybe next time take a deep breath and think can I get this person to listen to me faster if I speak with friendly authority.

#6 ·
Tone was a little bit rude but the content was 100% spot on and i'm not sure I could have restrained myself from being rude either!

These kind of people are the reason why shelters are full of unwanted and unloved dogs who have done nothing to deserve it. Puppies are cute but 99% of people don't have the time, knowledge or finances to breed responsibly and should have all their animals fixed - now I am mad and I do want to be rude to them too!!!!!!

#9 · (Edited)
Totally agree with OzChi. I'd have a hard time restraining myself from being rude, coz that person wholly deserved it. That person doesn't seem like the educated, nor someone who wants to be educated in the first place - letting their dog go to heat and then not bothering to GOOGLE anything. My next point was, that person's probably not very financially stable, if they're stupid and not self-reliant, and breeding a chi that small can lead to a lot of complications! Makes me sooo mad that she might inadvertently kill that dog from her ignorance! ARRGHHH!

After calming down a bit, I might have just posted 50 different links on why you shouldn't breed tiny dogs, why you should fix your dog, several different sites about how animals get euthanized at shelters every year, etc... and then add on the end, also, JFGI :)

#8 · (Edited)
Yes I agree with the above, it was harsh and if you do want to educate others and them to take what you are saying seriously you cant be judgmental it is just one of those things that put them on an immediate defense and then they really at that point could care less what you are saying.

I also wanted to add that I know many vets that tell people their dogs are fine to breed and just tell people what they want to hear. I have known them to tell them that 2 lbs, etc... was okay to breed as well. I usually do not push people to go to the vets. I try to present helpful links and information so they can research themselves and then tell them to make sure they have a vet in case an issue arises.

Believe it or not this is why most of our boards like this one and the one that you replied on exists. It is all about our love for the breed and to help educate others. We try to welcome those questions and we like being here to help people through those decisions and being here if they need us with questions. Sadly there is not a thing you can do as when someone wants to do something they will but if we can change just one mind then that is one less litter out there and one less tiny Chi that is in danger of dying at birth ;-)

#11 ·
It is very frustrating I agree with you there and have been there many times over biting my tongue. It isnt easy but truth be told, there are more uneducated people out there than educated people when it comes to dogs. There are millions of people that do not think the way we do and noone has even considered telling them different as everyone that they run with or know are also uneducated and havent got a clue...including some vets that do not care one way or another as they may get to make a buck off of a pregnancy gone wrong. It isnt even a matter of them being bad people, etc... they just do not understand. I meet people every week that hasnt got a clue when it comes to their dogs/animals whether it be health, nutrition or just the simplest things in the world when it comes to training. Heck, I still meet people that honest to goodness think that puppies should come into their house and be immediately potty trained with no training?? They are simply in the dark, all things have to be learned and some people will never learn as they are so stubborn or noone takes the time to educate them.

I am all for spay and neutering pets. Do I believe in all dogs/cats, etc... being spayed and neutered and the law requiring it, absolutely not as our companion animals would die out. I hope with all my heart that someday, somewhere, someone will come up with an idea that will end the problem of overpopulation with dogs/cats. But for now all we can do is be kind and try to educate people as frustrating as it is. I do feel your pain...

#12 ·
I sometimes daydream about breeding my pets... just once!!! I think it would be sooo neat to watch a puppy from birth, and socialize them the way they SHOULD be socialized, start them off with great food. Then I realize it's waaay too much work, possibly spend a lot of money on c-section, then any condition they might have...and I wouldn't have the heart to rehome them. LoL. darn rationality! I really wish more people would think things through before breeding their non-AKC standard dog with a random mutt to create another random mutt that goes to a family of begging children who get tired of cleaning up after it after a few months, and goes the shelter.

#14 ·
:)

i usually get annoyed 2 when people post things on craigslist like , looking for a teacup chi for my 4 yr old or things like that...or like u said when teens have one n they end up getting tired of cleaning up after them so they go 2 a shelter..wich is why my son doesnt have his own dog, he always says why cant the dogs be mine, i say cause u never want 2 clean up after them. He loves dogs and all animals and since a young age he knows how 2 handle them, but he hates cleaning up after them, i always say "when u get a job and you are able 2 pay vet bills u can buy ur own lol" he just glares at me..if he is around my chi's he knows not 2 pick them up and carrie them around he is mainly allowed 2 kick back with them and be sitting with them or when we play in the backyard he can play ball with them , but never carry them around as he is very clumsy still lol

#19 ·
hehe, I guess I was just exaggerating a bit. It seems the shelter is always full of ____ X ____ and they never seem to get adopted as fast as the purebred.
very true theres alot of X's in shelters, but alot of pure breeds too - here in the UK we have shelters just for Staffs as they are bred daily by people looking to make quick money :( as they are the "in" dog!! :foxes15:
its all very sad :( :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.