Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to day abot 3pm i got this shooting pain going from both cheeks up through my nose and into my head, the pain was so bad i had to lie down, its stinging and feels like i have a cold, but havent,its killing my eyes, i sent hubby for siuntab but its not doing the trick. i have never had this before. i know a few of you are in the medical profession so any advice please or any other sufferers

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Sounds like sinusitis I've had it a few tiles and itsnhorrible are you swollen around your eyes under and above have a banging headache?? I had to have mine drained a few years back coz itbwas so bad it's horrible Amanda i feel for you!! Everytime I've had it they gave me 10 days worth of antibiotics but it wasn't enough to clear it

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i look like iv been punched in the face.
iv had to take 2 of those tsblets sarah to make the headache ease.its making me cry

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Poor you,maybe you have hubby's man flu ??? hot water with some vick rub in it helps,put a towel over the bowl and inhale,EYES CLOSED.Hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
500 mg Ibuprophen helps ease the pain! Sounds totally like sinus. I went through the same thing & it got so bad couldn't open my eyes, couldn't lay down or sit up. The infection in my head was hurendous. Had to get prescribed Astilen Nasal Spray & Steroid Nose Spray & Zirtec (generic will work also) plus I had to take Mucinex ever 4 hours. I also was on Prednisone for 3 consective regimens. One of the best things that helps rid your sinuses of infection is the "Sinus Rinse" squeeze bottle with table salt. You'll be able to actually see all the infection going down the drain.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Amanda go to the drs tomorrow u need antibiotics it's is so painful the pain is worse than a migraine you poor thing xx

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
go in your bathroom and shut the door.... turn on your shower, HOT water only, and let the bathroom steam up.... sit in there and breathe the moist air... helps me... I also get wash cloth wet with as hot water as I can stand and place it over my face as I lie down on bed and breathe the moist warm air.......

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Try a netti pot or another type nasal rinse. I use a squirt type bottle I got at walmart and rinse my sinuses out twice a day with saline solution, then I squirt colloidal silver up my nose. Last year I had over 4 sinus infections and they lasted forever! My Dr had me start rinsing out my sinuses last year and I haven't had a sinus infection since (knocking on wood)

This is what I use: NeilMed SINUS RINSE Allergy & Sinus Kit | Walgreens

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just back from the doctor, sinus infection, gave me antibiotics and a spray. what a night i had. i never realised it was so bad, thanks for all you suggestions

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I hope the meds help and thatyou feel better soon! x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts