Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
My Kozanna, who came from a puppy mill, has a thick, double coat and sheds profusely. She gets baths regularly and gets brushed a couple of times a week, but keeping up with the hair is a job. Guess I'm pretty spoiled with my Bichons, who don't shed at all.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Chance & Gianna have double coats. Gia has so much hair that I think she got confused as to weather she is supposed to be a SC, or LC. :lol: Lexie's coat is shorter and more silky like, but she does have the ruff, and feathers at her hiney like C & G.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i posted earlier but managed to get some close ups of carrera's fur...the pictures dont really show it too well but her coat is definately thicker then chicco's. carrera's belly has filled in with fur, where as with chicco his is completely bald!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I have a SC and a DSC. Chopper is smooth but still has ruff on his neck and slight pants on his legs like Carrera. Ryleigh is a DSC. She has really long hair on the backs of her legs and the ruff around the neck. She has a fawn undercoat and black top coat. Her fur is short but not as short as Chopper's. The fawn hair is half the length of the black hair, thin and kind of wavy looking. The black hair is really shiny and straight. I have actually had people ask me if she was an LC (obviously not very chihuahua knowledgable people LOL)

Both my babies came from SC parents but Ryleigh's dad is a DSC and his mother was an LC

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I have a smooth double coat. She's so soft and fluffy with a nice furry ruff and thick, well furred tail that feathers out. I don't have a pic of her tail but this pic seems to show her coat up close nicely.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Faith is beautiful!! That's what a smooth coat is supposed to look like! Just gorgeous!! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i posted earlier but managed to get some close ups of carrera's fur...the pictures dont really show it too well but her coat is definately thicker then chicco's. carrera's belly has filled in with fur, where as with chicco his is completely bald!
I love Carrera's coat and color. She has beautiful skin!! That's hard to get on a white. Sometimes they have allergies or turn yellow tinged as they age. She really looks GREAT.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Thank you Brodysmom! We think she's got a gorgeous coat too but there is a little bit of bias on our part!

I have to agree with you also on Carrera's coat too. She looks awesome. How do you keep her so clean and white, Carrera? I would love to have a white chi someday. :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Harley has a thick "smooth coat". His fur is thicker at the ruff of the neck and his tail is very feathered. The pic below is the best that I could find. His tail is almost thick and fluffs out especially when he's barking at something or alert. He sheds at times too. Best not to wear black when you're holding him. His coat changed a lot over the first two years. His tail and fur on the neck didn't fill out till he was about a year. Shiloh I'm starting to notice is getting thicker/courser coat... not sure how her tail will turn out yet. The fur on her neck is getting a little thicker but it's also a darker color so I'm sure if it just "looks" like it is. Shi is starting to shed too... I think she's losing all her soft baby fur. :(

Here's the pic of Harley I found, he's a little under a year old. And the pic in my siggy... (first pic in this thread) shows his coat well too.

http://www.chihuahua-people.com/showthread.php?t=32850&highlight=Harley+Pics

·
Registered
700 Posts
thanks for the compliments! well she has been taking the nupro and gets fish oil once a day, she also gets half a boiled egg a couple times a week. i also try to stick with fish for wet food (salmon or tripe by before grain) i think that also helps. she is fed orijen as well, i think all these things combined mix well together to form a great coat/skin. as for keeping it clean, it surprises me!-carreras favorite thing to do outside is to roll around in the grass and dirt, she only gets a bath every 4-6 weeks, shes probably due for one in a week or so.

faith's coat seems to be fluffier around the neck, more then carrera's is, carrera's is just really thick but lays flat...except when shes barking then her fur rises!

jessica--i think carrera has the same markings on her head as shiloh does, the markings on her body are different though, she just has tan running down her right leg, the rest is all creamy white.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Well I tried to get pics of Faith's flurry tail this weekend and this was the best I could get. It's a little hard to tell but the lighter fur on her tail actually feathers out. She also has thick, longer fur on the back of her rear legs (part of it is shaved off from her recent surgery).

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey Tink has reallllyyyy soft fur, like it soo soft and it is kind of long .. i can’t tell if she long hair or short hair , she’s full of hair . Her hair is more of a fur coat type of feel, real soft and thick, but again she’s only 2 months so i can’t really tell, she’s a Apple head, mom has long fur and dad has little to no fur

21 - 33 of 33 Posts