Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, Isis is out of heat. Today was her first day out of the crate with the pack and I realized, she has NO pack manners and is pissing off my other dogs. She ignores warning growls and just bowls all the other dogs over. She loves to play and boxes with her front feet. She is a big un, weighing 11 pounds, so she towers over my little ones and I find myself constantly trying to teach her manners. I know my pack will put her in her place quickly, but she already had a tussle with Marmalade, the only other dog that is bigger than her. She was probably taken when she was 6 weeks old and put in a backyard somewhere and never taught anything. At least from being crated during her heat she is now house broken. I think the best thing for her is to get her fixed and find her a forever home as soon as it is feasable. She's a high energy dog and LOVES to chase balls and play tug-a-war. She would make a school aged child a great companion.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry to sound naive, but how does crating a dog in heat work?
lol It keeps her away from the one intact male I have and actually helps prevent the other neutered males from getting snarky with each other trying to be top male dog and keep the other males away from her. I put the crate in the pen, that way she was away from the sides of the pen so the males couldn't try to mate through the bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts