Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well I got up at 7am fed horses, quickly ran into Tesco's and got home for 8.40am, jumped itn he shower and had a small bowl of cereal, its then 9.10am... I can't wait till 9.30am so I phone the vets to be told I can pick Jake up immediately..

I jumped into the car and forced myself to drivce carefully, can't be risking an accident when I have Jake to pick up.

I sit in the waiting axiously waiting, the sound of every second on the clock ticks away, then my name is called.

Jake is brought to me, his tail is down, he looks worried and sore. A huge bandage encases his little leg and a slow releasing mophine patch is on his side. I am so pleased to see him, I wrap hm in his red SV blanket and take him home.

I cook him some lovely white cod and add his mediaction, Jake loves it and after a poop in the garden Jake settles down.

He does whimper now and then and when I stroke him he looks really worried. I guess he's still in some pain and worried he'll get hurt.

Its a long slow recuperation period and for 0-6 weeks he is only allowed in the garden on a leash for a few minutes to poop and pee.

So here he is,

Cn you see his worried expression? Jake is sleeping now on his SB cushion next to the radiator suggled up with his SV Blanket.

It so nice to have him back home.

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here he is all snuggled up sleeping, I wish I could do more to help him.

Deme X

·
Premium Member
5,270 Posts
aawww...... I wish Jake a speedy recovery.... I know you will be a wonderful care giver.... give him a *HUG* from Chico and The Jan

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww the wee lamb!
Look at the size of that bandage next to him lol
He is so cute.
Hugs from me and mine. xxxx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Jake - get well soon Buddy! You are doing great. Hang in there little guy!

Love, Tracy and Brody

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh Jake you look so sad.. it will make you better and the pain will be gone soon. That bandage makes his leg look soooooo long! Kisses from Daisy and me! x

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Bless you Jake, so happy you are home.. Hugs and healing prayers for you.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am a bit sad coz when I go to comfort Jake he raises his lips and once actually growled at me, he does this with food and I'm wondering if he is doing it now thinking I am gonna hurt him.

I wish I could help him understand that I would never hurt him and he doesn't have to growl at me.
I guess I take it personnally when he growls as I think "Jake you should love me not growl at me"

I guess he is still in a lot of pain and I can give him lots of cuddles when he is feeling better, after all it is only his first day home.

The vet did say he'd need a collar and I said I had one at home which I have but I am very reluctant to use it unless I realy have to, so far Jake has not touched his bandage so if he don't need the collar I am not gonna upset him.

So many confusing things must be going through his head, wish I could talk doggie language.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Glad Jake is home and this is behind him. He will be up and back to good before you know it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts