Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My DH is a car guy. A race car driver and a car collector. He has 3 Trans Ams. 1976, 1981 and 2001. I say one for each girl. A silver for Hope, Brown for Ruby and black for Eden.

Anyway, in the truck or SUV they are in their Snoozer lookout car seat. Race cars and such are not really made much for passengers but they like to go and need to still be safe. Their straps work perfectly on seatbelts that are securely fastened. One of their blankets in the seat and they are ready!

I am too lazy to edit and crop the pics so they are posted large, as is.

Ready to go!

She is touching me. make her stop!

WAAAAA!! She is on my side!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Your girls are precious Karen. I enjoyed their photos. I was hoping to see some pics of your hubby's cars as well. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just snapped a few of the cars. I will load them. They are in garages and one is being finished having a new engine put in so they are not like pics when he is in magazines or websites. He'd cringe knowing I took them with my phone!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Oh I love the photo's.. I used to be a car girl. Mopar is my car's of choice. In my younger days, drag raced with ex and small tracks. I had a rusty orange color 70's Challenger, a Road Runner and others. My favorite was Challenger. Want one again so bad. :foxes15:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
i love seeing your pictures. They always make me want to go out right away and find Miya a brother or sister. The girls look so adorable.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the car we were in from these pics (sorry a dirt bike is in the way, I was not going to touch it to move it!)

The others which are race cars (hence the race seats and roll cages). he goes 9 seconds at 150 MPH:

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
What a cute bunch of dogs. I love Eden's little face. Haha I actually love the name Edith for a chi. There's something about human names for dogs that I think is hilarious. Speaking of Edith, where is she in the last pics?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She was passed out on "her side" and attached to that seat belt. We were driving and she was behind me so I could not get a good pic. Seriously. She looks like a cartoon character!!

I am still astounded at the questions and comments we get.

1. Are they teacups?
2. Are they all girls? (I mean really. How much more pink can they be wearing and have my husband maintain some dignity?)
3. Are they still babies?
4. Will you breed them?
5. Are they sisters? (Well, they are now)
6. What do they weigh just about a pound? (Come on people. Have you seen a 1 pound package of hamburger? They are WAY bigger than a pound!)
7. Can I have them? (My answer to this is that at 6 a.m. when they want to be fed no matter if it is a weekend or holiday, I'd gladly let you have them!)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh lala Karen! Very nice rides your hubby has. I had to show the pics to mine, he likes! :p

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I am still astounded at the questions and comments we get.

1. Are they teacups?
2. Are they all girls? (I mean really. How much more pink can they be wearing and have my husband maintain some dignity?)
3. Are they still babies?
4. Will you breed them?
5. Are they sisters? (Well, they are now)
6. What do they weigh just about a pound? (Come on people. Have you seen a 1 pound package of hamburger? They are WAY bigger than a pound!)
7. Can I have them? (My answer to this is that at 6 a.m. when they want to be fed no matter if it is a weekend or holiday, I'd gladly let you have them!)

I wish I had a penny for every time I heard the "Are you breeding them?
Which one is the girl?" ...hmm, they are both males. It's irritating to me
that when people see two dogs of the same breed they automatically assume
I'm breeding them. I get the "How much for the red one?" a lot too, why do
they think my dogs are for sale? What gives them that idea? I wish I knew.
With Chanel it's always "Oh my god can I hold her?" ...followed by a no from
me, and then a "Why not? Is she nasty/mean?" ....oh brother! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oh they are precious! Some of my favorite girls on here!

It's crazy what kind of questions people will ask you when you have your dog out. Today a lady asked how old she was. I said she's 14 weeks. She said. Oh so she won't get any bigger? I mea seriously what dog is full grown at 14 weeks?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Karen, your husband and my husband would get along so well! My hubby races a Honda Integra that has a custom built supercharged engine, a roll cage and coil over suspension. He would love a dirt bike too and rides a friend's occasionally but he works too many weekends (thats what happens when you're self employed) to have one and the race car and use both of them.

Very cute pics of the girls! I love their matching little pink harnesses. Eden looked like she was being such a good girl with the little boy, doing her bit to dispel the myth that Chis don't like children.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh they are precious! Some of my favorite girls on here!

It's crazy what kind of questions people will ask you when you have your dog out. Today a lady asked how old she was. I said she's 14 weeks. She said. Oh so she won't get any bigger? I mea seriously what dog is full grown at 14 weeks?
Lol, I get that a lot too! They ask me how old Gemma is and I tell them, then they ask if she's going to get any bigger. I think I'll just start telling people she's actually going to start shrinking as she gets older.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Lol, I get that a lot too! They ask me how old Gemma is and I tell them, then they ask if she's going to get any bigger. I think I'll just start telling people she's actually going to start shrinking as she gets older.
Yeah, people can be really dumb. haha It's one thing to ask how big she will get, but it's like people don't think.

I'm also already really tired of the teacup question.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts