Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped her off at 9:00 this morning. Thanks to reading all of your experiences, I am confident that Pearl will be fine. I still feel a little nervous, and hated having to leave her knowing she did not understand why Mommy wasn't taking her home. They are letting her stay in her carrier (which is her "house") with her favorite blanket and stuffed animal, so maybe she won't feel too bad. I will call to check on her at 1:00, and can hardly wait.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am galsd they let her stayin her own carrier... I bet it makes her feel alittle less afraid... I am sure she will do fine...

hugs going to both of you....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked with the vet and he said Pearl is doing well. I can pick her up at 4:30! My vet doesn't keep them overnight unless they aren't doing well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad Pearl is doing well. Reba has recovered from her spay 2 weeks ago quite nicely - and they didn't keep her overnite either. Only if there is a problem. Good going, Pearl (and if she is anything like Reba, good luck keeping her quiet for the recommended recovery time!).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. Pearl is doing well. As soon as she saw me she got up and wagged her tail. When we got home I put her in her playpen, she then went to her pee pee pad and peed a little. I was told not to feed her tonight, but can give her an ice cube after 8:00. We were given antibiotics and liquid pain meds in case she needs it. Her incision is so tiny. There is only 6 stitches! I am sure she will be more lively tomorrow. Again, thanks for the good wishes.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Glad to hear Pearl is doing well...hopefully she had a quiet night. Bella came home right after her surgery...her incision was so small you could hardly see it !

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everybody. Pearl is doing great. She is eating very well, but hasn't had a bm yet. I hope that happens soon. She also doesn't like the antibiotic, but we manage to get it down anyway. Mostly she sleeps, but when she is awake we have a hard time keeping her from jumping and hurting herself. I am sure by next week she will be back to normal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts