Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay. A couple of things that I have been wondering and a survey question!! Feel free to answer any or all!

First. Those of you from the U.K. I always giggle when you state that ______ (insert your precious baby's name here) is feeling better and ate his/her "tea and biscuit". PLEASE know that I am THRILLED when any baby is better and know that the owner is breathing easier, but I must know. Is that a reference to any meal? Breakfast/morning meal? I giggle because I am weird and I picture a sweet chi with a lovely Royal Albert cup of chamomile and a scone! haha!

Second. When any of you state that _______ (insert your precious baby's name here) is really growing and he/she is now 11" tall, where are you measuring? Do I measure from toe to head, toe to back? Toe to top of hip? I simply do not know.

Bonus round. Just a fun survey for some of us newer folks because I know it varies significantly! How old was/were any of your babies when they were basically/close to their adult size? (Maybe with this survey, we will not ask you guys this over and over!) haha!

Thanks for playing. If only I had a car or other lovely gift for your participating!!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. So then from the ground up to top of shoulders. Thank you!!!
...off to try to hold them still enough to measure! HA!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I believe for Height you measure the highest point of the shoulders, similar to the withers on a horse.
LOL!!! I was going to say the same thing :)

And funny you mentioned 11" tall because that is the reply I made in another thread. Bailey (my only boy) is an applehead with super LONG legs. I would also like to add that my 2 oldest completely topped out adult size at 2 yrs of age. Mia is 3 and Bailey is almost 2 1/2.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I measured the girls as best that I could and I think that they are somewhere between 8" and 9".

Now for those sweet U.K. ladies to wakey so that they can tell me about the tea and biscuit!! haha!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
i'm in the U.S. but i think "tea" is what we call dinner (supper) and biscuits are cookies? :D i hope someone else will chime in!

i have a random question:

why is it Long and Smooth coats? why not Long and Short? or Rough and Smooth? :confused:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Bonus round. Just a fun survey for some of us newer folks because I know it varies significantly! How old was/were any of your babies when they were basically/close to their adult size? (Maybe with this survey, we will not ask you guys this over and over!) haha!
I rescued Tango, at 7 months, and he was 2 lbz 4 ounces, but obviously still had some growing to do. He was very lean and slender. He stopped getting taller/longer by the time he was around 14 months. At that point, he weighed.......wait, lemme check my records..............3 lbs 2 oz. He now weighs 3 lbs 8oz (give or take an ounce or two.) I noticed that while he stopped growing in length and height, he continued to thicken up around his shoulders, neck and chest, and got that barrel chested look common to chis. His weight continued to increase very slowly until he was just a shade over two. He's 4 now.

Jazz will be two in a month. She's very slightly longer and just a shade taller than Tango. Her chest area started to thicken, just like Tango's did, at right around the same age as his did. Interestingly though, her weight gain has been different. At around a year, she was 4 lbs 1 oz. Now, at almost two, she's 3 lbs 12 ozs. Jazz is not quite as barrel chested as Tango, and though Tango weighs slightly less, he feels and looks more solid than Jazz does. Of the two, Jazz feels more fragile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts