Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if its ok to let your dog eat pasta (occaisionally)?
I made pasta twists last night for supper with a very light tomato sauce on it for the kids, and I came into the kitchen to find my youngest son feeding his left overs to Poppy! The thing is, she is such a picky eater and she was loving it... :D Obviously its not something to give regularly, but as an occaisional treat would it be ok? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vala444 said:
:wink: I say go for it but watch for onions on the sauce they are toxic to dogs. :wink:
Thanks Vala, I knew about the onions and also the kids wont eat them either... :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo loves pasta, I try not to give the sauce as it can be very acidic to them, so I suck it off or give him some before saucing.......

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Let me tell you..... :D I am italian :D .......back home I think EVERYBODY I know feeds pasta to their dogs.No dogs have ever had any kinds of problems so I would say go for it too!
Like Vala said, just watch for what's inside the sauce. :wink:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I think it's fine as long as it doesn't upset her tummy. :) The chi I had growing up LOVED spaghetti but it made her throw up everytime she ate it. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.