Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG...i got a sunburn yesterday and it's so ITCHY!!! I haven't had a sunburn in YEARS and now i remember why i always try and stay out of the sun. I put sunblock on but i guess it came off when i went in the pool.

i do have a few questions for anyone who knows about sunburns though...1) how do i get it to stop itching? and 2) this is going to sound a little gross, but when i can't help but scratch it, it gets i guess irrated and gets bumps on it that look like mosquito bites (they're not mosquito bites though) what is it? i don't ever remember getting those before with a sunburn. i'd call my doctor, but its Sunday and nobody's in the office.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I feel for you... I hate sunburns...

I get them every year on my arms and shoulders... The bumps are heat rash....

I would get a cotton sheet and get it wet with cold water and then wrap it around you... It will soothe the burn and stop the itching.. you are icthing because it is still burning... It is like when you burn your figure on a hot pan.. and you put ice on it to stop the burning... until you stop the burning you it is still cooking your skin...

This is what a doctor told me years ago... I used to burn so bad I could touch anything to my skin.... and when I tried to lay down I hurt so bad that I would have to sit up to sleep for days...

good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
aloe lotion usually helps for the itching and burning..you can get it at wlagreens, publix...etc. they usually have some lotions that are 100% aloe. Sometimes they're a little sticky for a couple minutes but once it drys, it's good. :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gadget's Mom...i'll do that. i was worried about the bumps because like i said, i've never gotten them before, and they only appear when i scratch the burn. i am definitely staying out of the sun from now on unless i have like an SPF 1,000 sunblock on, lol. i was proud of myself fpr living out here almost 2 1/2 years and not getting burnt, lol. oh well, guess i'll have to start over.

my hubby and lil bro in law were outside with me yesterday too...but lucky them they didn't get burned, they got tanned! and they had no tanning lotion or sunblock on...i guess it's because they're Colombian and their skin tans easier than it burns, at least thats why my hubby said.

i'm like my parents when it comes to sunburns, my mom gets burned really bad when shes out in the sun, and when my dad and i went to Florida, he got burned real bad. the only white part on his body was where he was wearing his watch, lol.

mark1010: aloe...thats the green stuff, right?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
maybe camomile lotion, probably a heat rash which are the little bumps. hope you feel a little better soon! heat rash drives you crazy i know!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
OMG i am scratching now as we speak!!!!!! I got burnt in VA and I have never ever itched like this...............its driving me mad, lotion isnt working. I was putting tea tree oil on that is good and healing for the skin but man, WHERE IS THAT BACKSCRATCHER AT!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to get aloe as soon as hubby gets home...the itching has stopped, for now...hopefully i can get the aloe before it starts again. ugh, i HATE sun burns.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when i get it i put aloe vera on it but i keep my aloe in the fridgerater. i also found that when it gets itchy noxema (from the fridge) works great too.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My favorite after sun loton is by Banana Boat. It is after sun lotion with aloe it is great. It makes your skin so soft. Try putting the bottle in the fridge. That would feel so good if your skin is still burning.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xx-nathalie-xx said:
maybe it's a sun allergy ? my mom always gets it ...when i get burnt, i go get a gel with dna repair !!

kisses nat
ya know, i was thinking maybe along with the sun burn i got an allergy...because i have never ever in my life before gotten those bumps when i've gotten burned. i made a doctor's appointment with my general practitioner because it seems like since i've moved to vegas, i've developed a whole lot of allergies.

i mean, since coming out here, i've developed allergies to carpet, dust, pollen, latex, heat (hence the rash from the burn) even dogs and cats!! i don't get the usual sneezing and stuffiness from dogs and cats, its more of a bad reaction if they scratch me. i'm on benadryl allergy for it, because there's no way i'm going to let some stupid allergies get in the way of me enjoying my babies! those allergies can kiss my booty!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts