Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else noticing their chi is itchy? My Munchkin has been scratching a lot for the last 10 days. It has happened before and may be seasonal.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know it's an older post.
I "believe" Jr has seasonal and food allergies. When I notice he's "extra itchy" I put him on Benadryl. And it definitely helps. I also try to cut back on "treats with grains" I am "guilty" of giving him treats that aren't always grain free.
I went to a different vet last time (usual vet were close) and she recommended to look into a seasonal allergy medicine. She recommended 2, apparently both are popular and not meant for long term as I explained I didn't want him on anything long term. I was a bit surprised as the usual vet has never recommended a prescription for his allergies and just Benadryl. Kinda made me wonder if she was in it for the "money" or the usual guy doesn't "care"
But surprisingly Jr hasn't really been itchy this summer like he was last year.
But were still in July he might get super itchy in August. Than again Jr got prescribed Malaseb shampoo and the vet tech said it's given to pets with allergies and maybe that shampoo has really helped. Honestly not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts