Chihuahua People Forum banner

Itchy

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  woodard2009 
#1 ·
Bailey was checked for fleas or any other bugs and nothing was found. But she scratches alot. I got some shampoo that says it will help but wondered if anyone else had any ideas to help her??

#11 ·
THe itching NEVER stops!!!!!!!!

I know the Dermatologist said it could take up to a year for Midgie to get some relief, but the itching just never stops. I feel so bad for her. I feed her THK and ZP (Lamb). Had to order some more ZP and they sent me the wrong one (Venison & FIsh). Don't think Midgie's tolerating it well. Might be causing some of the itching. Don't give it to her every day.
We're leaving on a camping trip to Florida in about a week and I anxious to see if there's going to be any difference in Midgie's itching once we hit Florida. I'm expecting the itching to diminish which will convince & verify environmental allergies.
The Dermatologist wanted to put Midgie on Royal Canine canned. I was impressed that it wasn't Science Diet Prescription and that it was a better quality of food. I declined the RC as I just spent a lot of money on THK & ZP, but I might have to reconsider the Dermatologist request if the scratching doesn't get better soon.
Midgie's been taking immunotherapy shots every 3 days for the past 3 months (what a pain). She's finally reached a bench mark of being on vile 3 (strongest dose) and only has to get shot once a week. She seems to be tolerating it well. Dermatologist wants to see her 3 months, so when we get back from vaca. I schedule an appointment.
The Aveeno Soak Bath Treatments are definitely helping and I've fallen behind. She gets one weekly & I've missed last week.
Midgie's so funny! She doesn't like taking her Benedryl, but I think she knows the importance some how. I usually mix her 1st dose up in her food in the morning & her 2nd dose in her food in the afternoon/early evening. If I don't put it in her evening food, she'll start asking me for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.