Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stitch has been up all night with a bad tummy :( he's had it 2 days I'm almost convinced it's the heat but I'm not 100% sure. He's still on lactol feedings due to his weaning plus I've had a bowl of puppy royal canin down for him that he has been eating just now. He didnt eat much today at all. I'm gonna take him down the vets tomorrow to be safe :( poor little guy. The diarrhea is very watery not much to it at all mostly liquid. anyone have any ideas what it could be? In himself he's fine running around playing, he hasnt slept much tonight but slept a bit durring the day and seems fine every other way but the diarrhea.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh poor Stitch. :( I don't know what it could be, could be tons of things. But it's a good thing you are taking him to the vet. He's so young and small, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Let us know what they say and I hope he feels better! :wave:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Poor wee Stitch, and hopefully it's just a little tummy upset that will come right quickly, especially as he seems happy to run around still. Minx is a year old but has had a couple of episodes of upset tummies and diarrhoea, but it probably was something she'd eaten as she came right within couple of days. Good that you're taking him to be checked by the vet and keeping fingers crossed for you that he's all better real quick.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awww poor lil stich sounds like there could be lil bug going around jacob is a lot better today and the vet said i should just keep an eye on him he has stopped the sickness and his tummy seems a lot better

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
most of the times when the pups come home ....the same day everything is fine ...but afterwards they get a relapse of stress due to the changement of environment and missing his litter mates .
it can cause diarrhea low sugar etc ........
i hope little stitchie is alright , i bet you are being the best mom you can :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sometimes the upset stomach can be due to the food your feeding him - some pups cannot digest puppy food properly - if you take him to your vets if it is that he will tell you what ir right for him to eat.

If he is a new pup then it could have been what he was eating at his home before he came to your house! our dog Broxy was getting scrambled eggs with cheese and wetabix and spinach etc...He was too young to be eating such a diet and was having diarea so i think maybe it could be that.

it could also just be the stress of coming to a new home; but vets always suggest if your dog is sick for more than a few days you should always take them to get checked over!

So take the young baby to da vets i suggest!

Hope the wee cutie gets better real soon :wave:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he's got a vet appointment for 5pm he's perked up and is doing zoomies around my room but I still want him checked out :) hopefully everything is ok

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
It could be coccidia. Most puppies have it.
Get him checked even if he is feeling better.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Sarah , bless him little man !!! Hope all is gonna be ok ,I'm
sure the vet will help , let us know what the vet says ?!?!?!

Has he always been on Lactol ?

·
Registered
683 Posts
good u have made the right decision to get him checked even though he's perked up - better to be safe than sorry i say!

Let us know how he gets on at the vets and what the vet says

Love Gilly & Coco

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fizzy&kirby's mum said:
Sarah , bless him little man !!! Hope all is gonna be ok ,I'm
sure the vet will help , let us know what the vet says ?!?!?!

Has he always been on Lactol ?
yep he's always been on it since they started weaning him but he only has 2 lactol feedings now mainly it's just a night comfort for him. my friend did suggest putting him on something else but I cant remember what she said it was, as it's a closer immitation to his mums milk. He's very gradually weaning off but I just want him checked out to make 100% sure he's ok.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Maybe your friend means ' welpi ( petlife ) '

That's what I would say as welpi is a milk made JUST for puppies/dogs but lactol is a milk made to give any baby animal
eg , kittens , rabbits , foxes etc ...

How is the little guy doing now ? does he want to eat ? is he eating his dry food ok ?

Sara xx 'thinking of you ' :wave:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fizzy&kirby's mum said:
Maybe your friend means ' welpi ( petlife ) '

That's what I would say as welpi is a milk made JUST for puppies/dogs but lactol is a milk made to give any baby animal
eg , kittens , rabbits , foxes etc ...

How is the little guy doing now ? does he want to eat ? is he eating his dry food ok ?

Sara xx 'thinking of you ' :wave:
he's eating everything fine, just didnt sleep well last night he kept me up I think his tummy hurt :( and he kept giving me the I'm hurting eyes :(. but today he's been fine in himself hasnt been to toilet this morning tho just a wee when he woke up. he's asleep under my chair at the moment.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i agree could be a parasite, giardia and coccidea comes to mind. bring a fecal sample to the vets with you and have it screened....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back from the vet apparently they think he might have a bacterial imbalance due to the heat and stress of moving all at the same time so he's been given some paste which should help. His temperature is fine, he's not dehydrated and besides the tummy he's a perfectly healthy puppy yay!! I'm so relieved he's ok

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Sarah , good to know your little man is gonna be ok :)
With all the wonderful care & love you are
giving him and i'm sure he will be 100% well really soon :)
and a real ' mummys boy ' :wink: :wink: :)

give him an extra hug from me .. :wave:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts