Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completely ashamed of myself. Having a "chunky/fluffy/pudgy" chihuahua isn't so cute when you see the number with your own eyes. The weight I thought she was, is LONG gone... I will be doing the Green Bean diet for Miss Britney :)

Here's the first pics, taken at 6:45 AM on December 9 2010

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Aww. Look at her tail between her legs in shame. LOL She really doesn't look that "fluffy" and I don't think it will take you long. Bruiser was tipping the scales and most of it was that he was eating scraps the kids gave him and way too many pupperonis. I got the kids to buy in to not giving him anything other than his dog food and now he is (recently) on raw (Stella&Chewys) and has slimmed down so much.
IT was very quick that he had that definition again. She will be her little supermodel status in no time.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh britney you look so upset with your tail tucked bless you baby you'll be you're sexy skinny self soon!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw she is such a cutie. Good luck, Crystal. I bet she'll slim down in no time. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She will get there, Crystal! Go for 5/5.25 lbs. That should put her at an ideal weight. So she has about 1 1/2 lbs. to lose. She may take off a good 1/2 lb. quickly. Then the rest will be slower, but she will get there. :) You guys can do it!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Aww, Britney, you'll get there before you know it! Your baby cousin Faith did it and so did little Glory too. You'll get your pretty figure back in no time! Faith went from 8 lbs to 6 lbs and Glory went from 9 lbs to 6.5 lbs!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm so happy to see these diet threads!!! Keeping our little guys lean and trim is SO important to their health and especially their knees. I'm so proud of you guys!!!

GO Britney! :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh britney you look so upset with your tail tucked bless you baby you'll be you're sexy skinny self soon!!
Yeah she wasn't so happy when I called for her to come to me, since she was warm & curled up in her blanket.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, just finished the first feeding...

Questions:
Are the green beans supposed to be drowning in the water?? I felt like it was too much water.

How much kibble should I give her? I feed them Wellness Small Breed and the kibble is TIIIINY! I added 20 pieces.

How many times do I feed? I'm trying to follow Kristi's guideline as much as possible, so I guess 2x would be decent enough??

'First Meal' Feedback:
She really liked the green beans!! I was soooo surprised. The water was a bit too warm for her so she was hesitant to stick her head in the bowl and eat, so i sat on the floor and fed her or put some pieces on the floor. Eventually she did take some drinks from the water.

Alsooooo....Butter was being miss nosey, wanted to know what was so special that I was giving Britney, so I gave her a few pieces of the green beans and she gobbled them down. Can I give her some green beans as well? Or just stick her with their kibble?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Might weigh her today (Monday) but I don't know..i don't want to be disappointed :lol: it hasn't even been a week!

I don't really SEE a difference in her body, but when I pick her up, she feels lighter. I thought I'd feel bad about feeding her 2 small meals a day, but I don't because I know how much better she'll look and feel :) I'm still paranoid about my dad though, because he is known for giving both my girls BIG quantities of their kibble. My mom and I have just been trying to kindly remind him to not give-in to her...he's so weak and so wrapped around her little paw :roll:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Not sure on the quantities, but it sounds like she's doing better. My dad (who's a vet) is the WORST about overfeeding, my sisters Bouvier was 110#, because he would feed her a whole bowl full.....he finally cut her back and she's down to 70#. He's horrible :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay I don't know if I should just throw my scale away or slam it against a wall 3 or 4 times, THEN throw it away. As I said, I don't SEE a difference with her body but she does feel lighter when I pick her up and hold her.

The number on the scale said 5.6
Is that even possible??? I BARELY started her on the 9th!!!
I'm mad because I think that it's such a big difference when no one honestly say, "oh britney looks skinny!!!"

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Okay I don't know if I should just throw my scale away or slam it against a wall 3 or 4 times, THEN throw it away. As I said, I don't SEE a difference with her body but she does feel lighter when I pick her up and hold her.

I'm mad because I think that it's such a big difference when no one honestly say, "oh britney looks skinny!!!"
I am starting to think a lot of dogs carry "kibble bloat"...so what you see, is similar to what Cheryl saw w/ Leila...big loss at first of that bloat, now you get into the hard truckin' bit ;) But yeah, it is possible she's down that much esp if she had a few big kibble meals before you started her! I think 20 kibbles sounds like a lot but I am not at all familiar with the size so...its probably about right :)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

check out BedBathBeyond for the food scale...I paid like $25 for it...it pretty good showing lb and oz........

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I definitely recommend the kitchen scales. I sprung big time and bought a postal scale when B was a baby and having his tummy issues and I needed to know exactly what he weighed...but the kitchen scales work fine for all intents and purposes and are far more accurate than the big scales :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am starting to think a lot of dogs carry "kibble bloat"...so what you see, is similar to what Cheryl saw w/ Leila...big loss at first of that bloat, now you get into the hard truckin' bit ;) But yeah, it is possible she's down that much esp if she had a few big kibble meals before you started her! I think 20 kibbles sounds like a lot but I am not at all familiar with the size so...its probably about right :)
Took some crappy pics to give you an idea of what size they are.

As you can see, similar to a Tic-Tac, length wise but obviously not as thick.

check out BedBathBeyond for the food scale...I paid like $25 for it...it pretty good showing lb and oz........
Thanks Moni! I like your scale a lot. I'm not going to give up on this diet for Britney, but it's frustrating because now I feel like I don't know her Real weight. :mad:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Omg those ARE tiny, yeah, I would say 20 is about right, if 8 is what I recommend of normal sized kibbles ! Can you get some fish oil to give her a squirt of 1x a day as well? Its important to keep them up on fats even though their food intake is drastically reduced :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts