Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been so busy trying to get Lulubelle feeling better with her skin trouble as it seems to be an on going battle. She goes back to her regular vet tommorrow for another skin scraping to see how things are progressing and hopefully to get a new medication that can stop her intense itching that she has now developed!:( Anyway... took some time out today to get some cute pics of the girls being silly.
Lulubelle and her miss piggy...she does not share this piggy at all! LOL!

Don't ya dare get near my piggy!!!

She has no problem chewing her nylabone with that crazy cone on her head...poor little thing has had to wear it now for 4 weeks! Hopefully it will come off soon.

Dazy was helping mommy with the laundry today!!!!:D

SILLY GIRLS!!!!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The poor baby!!! :( :(
Is the itching set to be an ongoing thing or will there be a time (hopefully soon) that it will stop itching?

She looks so cute with her lil piggy!
Once we get rid of the demodex problem we can put her back on a stronger itch medication. If the skin scraping comes back negative today maybe the vet can give her something stronger. She is on hydroxyzine right now because she cannot take anything with steroids in it and the hydroxyzine just does not seem to stop the itching. Very frustrating...all I can do is try and keep her comfortable using a green tea solution, aloe vera gel and her med which only calms it down for about 2 hours.
She is also being treated for possible food allergies at the same time so we have also started a new diet prescribed by the allergist.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how her vet visit goes Darlene!!
She does look happier now chi mom!!
Thanks Rhonda....She is better than she was...her hair is starting to grow back in certain places!!!!:D Treating demodex is a very long drawn out procedure and it can take sometimes 3 months before it is under control.
We are now finished with the 1st month! So will see what happens.
Oh I love Dahlias new strollies!!!!!!! How cute it is and what a little angel just sitting there!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Ahhhhh, bless her little heart with that cone on her head. I know she'll be so happy to get it off. She is really having a time, isn’t she. I'm so sorry. :( They are both precious Angels! Such darling pics of them playing. :daisy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts