Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two nights at around 2am Lily has awakened me to feed her. She's been refusing to eat dinner - the little weirdo :lol: - so naturally she's hungry in the middle of the night. I've tried ignoring her but it would be like ignoring a small riot taking place in my bedroom. She is incredibly persistent once she decides she wants something. I'd have to yell at her (which I refuse to do) or lock her out of the bedroom (which I also won't do) or duct tape her to her bed so she can't slap me, stick her nose in my ear, walk on my chest, break dance on my head, etc. Duct tape might actually might be a good option. :wink:

So what does this sucker mom do? She gets up and hand feeds her spoiled chi. :roll:

Does your chi ever do this? How do you handle it?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well, Jazzy doesn't wake me in the middle of the night to eat. :lol: But, she will wake me in the middle of the night by walking on my chest, licking my face, sticking her nose in my ear or sitting on my head. She doesn't want to be fed - oh, no. She wants her belly rubbed. :roll: Does she get her belly rub in the middle of the night? Well, of course she does! Isn't she supposed to? :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Aww, it may be annoying, but it's also so precious! They just need some food, luv, and attention from their Moms. :wink:

I am sure I'll have the same probs with Hershey when he is older. He sleeps in his pen at night right now. He will soon enough be my bed mate though. He already sleeps with me when I nap. Guess Hubby will just have to slide closer to the wall when Hersh joins us at night. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My boy is abused, I guess. At 2am, he's either out drinking or sleeping off his booze.

He doesn't ask to be fed until 5pm, like a good boy. :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nope, don't have that problem. I free feed my two during the day and take their food bowls away in the evening. Actually have to keep an eye on Brooke now - she's in danger of turning into a little porky, yet before we got Minx (approx 8 weeks after getting Brooke), it was all I could do to get her to eat at all. Now she's a little piggy-chi. :D But I still leave their food down during the day as they seem to want to eat at different times and Minx was a tad on the skinny side when we got her. :wave:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Lily's not home all day so I can't free feed her (otherwise I would). She eats breakfast at daycare at about 7:30am and I try to feed her dinner about 12 hours later. Sometimes she just won't eat her dinner... until 2am. Silly, silly girl. :lol:
Awww, Rachael, don't forget she's also an only child so that warrants being spoilt silly! :p And of course, when she has a working Mommy she's entitled to your undivided attention when she feels the need! :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Felony has a weird habit like that to. My mom will get up early to get ready for work, and Felony will be sleeping at my side then she'll do this low grumble growl sound and paw at my face or stick he nose in my eye and huff and puff till I get up, let her see whos out there. 5 mins. later she's crying at the foot of my bed to go back to sleep with her mama.
SHe is definently a silly silly girl.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Lily has her mommy trained well. ;) Zeus doesn't do this for food, but he'll walk all over me at night trying to wake me up just so I will rub his belly and give him some attention.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Break dance on your head? She's been around Marcus too long hasn't she? He has in the past gotten me up for food or loves but it's been a while, mostly now he just sleeps till I drag him out of bed, lazy thing. Take a look in Chi Pictures and you'll see an example from this morning.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
if you continue to let the Lilster get her way then she will take advantage to the "spoiledness" so either go to bed earlier or teach her how to feed herself :lol: . Can you just leave the food out before you go to bed so she doesnt bother you??

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hmmm,, well i sure don't have any good advice for you because if Jolie woke me in the middle of the night and wanted to eat, i'd get up and feed her just like i would a baby. But then she better be ready to go back to bed! :lol: I don't worry about spoiling her or letting her think she's the boss. Spoiled is my goal and don't ya'll yell at me for that! We loves 'um rotten around here! :toothy7:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I guess Lily knows how to get mom to do what she wants... hehehehhe

Gadget wakes me up int he middle of the night but it isn't for food it is for going potty.... He loves that 3 am potty trip outside..... hehehehehe

He also has to have his middle of the night kisses with dad.... hehhehehe then he is ready to go back to his bed next to my pillows in the corner of the bed... he sleeps there more then he doesn't..... but watch out if Amanda gets up inthe middle of the night because off he goes to find more attention.... hehehhehee

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Lily knows she has a great mom who will get up and feed her. I would do it for Auggie but probably will never have to as he never skips a meal. :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KB mamma said:
if you continue to let the Lilster get her way then she will take advantage to the "spoiledness" so either go to bed earlier or teach her how to feed herself :lol: . Can you just leave the food out before you go to bed so she doesnt bother you??
If only things were that simple. :lol: Lily used to feed herself but she refuses to eat the Royal Canin kibble without being hand fed each morsel. I have fought and lost that battle many times. Also, my bed is so high she can't get to the food unless she wakes me and I put her on the floor.

I'm happy to report that it's 10:55pm and Lily just finished her dinner about 15 minutes ago. The little stinker... but at least I know there won't be a 2am feeding tonight. Blissful sleep for me and the Lilster. :sleepy1:

Bottom line is, she's spoiled because I choose to spoil her. There are moments when I know it's stupid but if I had it to do again I would spoil her just as much. What can I say? :dontknow: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
um... you know she'll wake you up at 3am now because she's gotta go potty, right???

I wouldn't gloat just yet, little missy.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Ya know, I don't think Lina has ever waken me up in the middle of the night unless she hears something weird outside. She has slept all night in her crate since the day we brought her home. I got lucky. Then again, I free feed her and often put a little food in her crate so if she's hungry during the night she'll eat on her own and not whine lol. I have waken up to hear her eating though :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts