Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chico will no longer go to PetSmart... the last two times he pooped on the floor.... this time he jumped out of the shopping cart onto the concrete. I thought at first he landed on his head because I heard a 'crack'... I am still shaking... but it seems it was his mouth snapping shut when he hit hard... he seems ok although a bit shaken... he even eat a chewie.... I will certainly watch him and if a slight change in him... he is off to the Vet....

Man, I am STILL shaing from all this....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sorry to hear this Jan :(

Chico must really dislike it, probably best to go it alone. Poor baby, hope he starts feeling better.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh no, poor baby! :( I'm so glad he's ok, Jan. I can only imagine how scared you must have been. Hugs for you and little Chico.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
OMG! poor little thing :(
I hope Chico is ok
I bet you were very worried
If you do decide to take him there again maybe tie his harness to the trolley so he can't jump out?! don't know if it is possible

·
Registered
201 Posts
awww poor little guy,i bet your more shaken than he is..mine ran into a coffee table and banged her head really hard yesterday,she yelped like mad,i was still shaken when she had forgotten about it!! hope he's ok

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh Jan, how frightening! Bless you little Chico.. I just want to hold you close and love on you.. Please let us know that he is doing alright as the day goes on... Deb

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he is fine I am glad to say.... barking at strangers on the road outside... running around... I guess he is tougher than I give him credit for....

I did have him tied to the shopping cart basket while shopping but when finished and on our way to the car I stopped outside the store to untie his leash to put him down on the ground so he could walk to the car and he LEAPED out of the cart.... I hate that him hurt himself but if he was still tied to the cart he probably would have broke his neck :( He had just went to his 'SPA' day at Petco earlier so I only had a collar on him, no harness... after his 'SPA' at Petco we always then go to Petsmart.... but I will either hold him from now on at petsmart or we just won't go anymore after his Petco bathing trip...
*sigh*
thanks for all of the well wishes... he sure give me a scare today....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jan, I feel bad for both of you!I hope Chico'so chin heals soon. I dont like going to the big petco or petsmart. I prefer a local pet boutique or ordering from a catalogue.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
oh Chico! you naughty boy, scaring your Mom like that!
He sure took one on the chin. I hope all will be well and you can stop shaking!

Mine go to PetCo groomers too :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Years ago, (when I was about 12 yrs old, now am 73!) I tied a puppy to my bike basket. She jumped out, in a harness, and stuck her leg through the bike tires and the spokes broke her leg in 3 pieces! So tying a puppy to anything like that is a no no for me. A carrier would be ideal! Sue

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Oh Chico!!! I am so glad he's okay but I can just imagine how scared you were! That's horrifying, but he obviously is one tough dude! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts