Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Coast Guard had to EVAC a neighbor of mine this afternoon. The river by my place is already higher than it's record hight in '97. So many road closed. My house is high and dry right now but this is what it looks around me.

Here is the field/road just south of me.

Here is where the Wild Rice river went over the highway about a mile from my house.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/cocopuff/flood-2009/

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oh no! Please do stay safe! thoughts and prayers are on their way!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I heard on the news it was a mess y'alls way...STAY safe and keep the babies close..:) Got a carrier just in case of airlifting?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I just heard that they are planning on blowing the river in Bismark. Will that help you, where you are at?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just heard that they are planning on blowing the river in Bismark. Will that help you, where you are at?

They ended up using dynamite to blow up the ice blocks that were over by Bismarck on the Missouri River. I think that helped over there. Bismarck is in the middle of North Dakota.

We are on the Red River right on the North Dakota/Minnesota border. They have now raised the crest projection to 41' on Saturday. The '97 flood was @ 40.6'. Let's hope we can do it again!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It's been snowing here all night. We have a 1" accumulation. I suppose it wasn't much better over there and possibly worse. I hope you are still doing okay. Keep us posted if you can.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't there another chi person in Grand Forks on this site? Do we know how they are doing?

Barbara is up in Grand Forks. They shouldn't have any problems. When they were devistated in '97 they built flood protection up to 60'. It is only supposed to reach about 54' up there.

They just upped our projection from 40-41' to 41-42' with a possiblity of up to 43'. They are sending out a CODE RED to parts of the river areas. I feel so bad. They are posting evacuation routes on the TV and internet.

I am still ok here but there are so many people that are going to be affected. They are constantly reminding people to remember their pets. No pet will be left behind.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
thank goodness on the "no pet left behind" rule..guess they did learn something from Katrina...:) Hope y'all are high enough...and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I can't even imagine what you are going through. We're sending you good wishes. Hopefully, it will stop snowing/raining soon.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like the colder air (even with the added snow) has help with the flow of the river. They are saying that the Red River has crested and is beginning to fall. That is good news for Fargo. Now we are watching the Sheyenne river (what we were sand bagging on Friday) west of Fargo to see how that does. It has broken out of it's banks in a dozen places so it is now flooding farm land not homes. Thanks for all the positive thought from everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts