Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out tonight I have been approved to go pick up some of the chis from the puppymill closing in MO. I have 4 dogs leaving next month, so I will pick up 3 to 5 of the ones there. My daughter and I will be going next weekend to pick them up. There is 57 dogs listed that need to be rescued, how to decide which ones I should save will be very hard. I am leaning toward picking the older males as I think they will be the last to be picked by a rescue. And I love the boy dogs. lol And the baby that I listed earlier, the one that looks hydro, is also needing a home. I know she may be heartbreaking, not long for this world, but I know I could give her a good life and could make the hard decision if it came to it to end her suffering.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Really pleased for you and it sounds you have really thought through which ones to have, what a decision. Hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
5,274 Posts
such a wonderful thing you are doing!! I appreciate all that you can do for these little ones.... keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i'm so jealous I put in to foster one of the dogs but never got a reply guess because I'm all the way in Canada lol

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Pam is this puppy one of the ones rescued from the closed puppy mill? Are they letting you have your pick of all of them? Please keep us updated, cant wait to see who youre able to help :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You are truly a saint. Thank you so much for giving these poor dgos a good home for what ever time they have left.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah, she's listed on the dogs available from the breeding farm. The breeders listed her as having hydrocephlus, though shes never seen a vet, which is why I listed her here to hear other opinions. There's no guarantee she'll still be there when I go, but if she is, I'll bring her home. The one that caught my eye, Sweetness, is no longer listed and the two half grown puppies and a few of the mommas are gone, so some rescue has gone through there already.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bouncer, Sasha and Isis are going to San Diego with my daughter. And we are waiting the results of the biopsy of Ling Ling's mass and it doesn't look good. I fear I will have to put her down. She already has a tumor on her mamory gland and the vet said with all her medical problems and advanced age that surgery is not an option. She is experiencing some pain and the meds are just not covering it all the time. I hate seeing her in pain. We are seeing if the mass could be reduced with medicine, but the vet doesn't hold out much hope.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's wonderful, Pam! You're truly an angel! Please keep us posted on how it all goes. :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Pam, what a wonderful thing you are doing. Please keep us posted. It would be a very hard decision.

Keep us posted on Ling Ling as well, poor thing. Sending prayers and positive thoguhts your way

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pam, my fingers and toes have been crossed that you would get that baby girl! Is she a blue? I have all kinds of clothing and harnesses in tiny sizes so if you need them please pm me and I will mail them to you for her..

Tori

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She was picked up this weekend by another rescue. So no baby. I am getting 6 older males instead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts