Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THAT AFTER JELLY WENT INTO HEAT HER FIRST TIME WHICH WAS IN JUNE..HER NIPPLE ENLARGED..NORMAL..BUT NOW RECENTLY SHE HAS LIKE SACKS.BULDGES AROUND HER NIPPLES? I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT...I DONT HAVE MY DIGI CAM TO TAKE A PIC SO I DREW ONE LOL..BUT WHAT IS IT? IS IT JUST FAT?

[/img]

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
If she hasnt mated then she could be having a phantom pregnancy, i get this with Fynn at least once a year, her last heat was june and she then had a phantom 2 months later.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yeah it sounds like a false pregnancy to me. before muphin was spayed she had a false pregnancy and milk came in. it's nothing to be concerned about but in a few weeks if things go missing she probably has stole some little trinkets and are nesting with them as her puppies.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think she's pregnant..wouldnt they be alot bigger if she was since it's been like 3 months since her last heat? atleast i dont think she is because she was in her kennel or away from peanut when she was...unless peanut mated with her through the kennel cage :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hopefully it is a false pregnancy (if that's what you want). Not to scare you, but on another forum, a woman was commenting that her two shepherds mated while the female was in the cage. Can you imagine?? That would be a Kodak moment for sure.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i think i'm gonna be taking both of them to the vets soon to get some heartworm prevention medicine so while i'm there i might as well ask them what they think...oo my parents would be shocked if shes pregnant b/c they just told me not to let them have babies anytime soon :dontknow:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know you all love my drawing up above lol j/k :lol: but in a couple mins i'm gonna update this post with a real picture of jelly's belly so you can get a better idea :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh wow, I was thinking a phantom pregnancy but after seeing the picture, I don't know. She really looks pregnant, but I am not an expert. :wink:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
When Fynn has her phantom, she gets full up teats with milk and they are so swollen even down to her vulva.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh wow, yep could be phantom then. :wink:

My sister's dog gets phantom pregnancies but her teats don't get that big, not even close. It's so strange how the body does that huh? :wave:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we'll see soon...i'm going to try and take them to the vet as soon as i can..so i'll ask her vet then..but i dont think she is seein that it only takes about 55-59 days to give birth and she isnt very big considering she had her heat in june. but we'll find out soon enough :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts