Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My and my sister CaliforniaHalo are asking for chis...We have been asking for about 3 Months! We are at %75 at getting themmmm...But our dad is like..."ehh..."..
Grr. :foxes15:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13922513
I've read head to toe in books and on the net, about caring for a chi, I know the do's and don'ts...

:p

I think I am very ready to own her. Extremly.
:daisy:
someone on one of our fave sites other than this said Dogs teach ALOT of responsablilty....

What do you think of starry-warry?

Please. No Arguing about us and us being twins. This happens everywhere we go. It's not the same person.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm not being funny here but I keep seeing threads from you and your sister/twin about getting these Chi's. One minute it's in a month, then it's next week, etc. and you're picking out Chi's off different websites and showing us all pictures asking us what we think, etc. but I honestly think both you and your sister ought to get the go ahead (100%) from both your Mum and Dad before asking us about which Chi you should get. Do you know what I mean?

I'm only saying this because I don't want you both to get your hopes up and then for them to get dashed.

Like I asked your sister, have you been to see any of these Chi's yet? You say you're both adopting them next week but if you haven't been to see them yet I can't see that happening. Unless they do things differently in the US from over here in the UK?
I'm not getting any response from your sister when I ask her this. I don't understand why :(

I hope you are both getting the your Chi's next week, I really do. You both seem really sweet, but please don't fool yourself unless you are really getting them.

Kind Regards, and good luck with your search :) x

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not being funny here but I keep seeing threads from you and your sister/twin about getting these Chi's. One minute it's in a month, then it's next week, etc. and you're picking out Chi's off different websites and showing us all pictures asking us what we think, etc. but I honestly think both you and your sister ought to get the go ahead (100%) from both your Mum and Dad before asking us about which Chi you should get. Do you know what I mean?

I'm only saying this because I don't want you both to get your hopes up and then for them to get dashed.

Like I asked you sister, have you been to see any of these Chi's yet? You say you're both adopting them next week but if you haven't been to see them yet I can't see that happening. Unless they do things differently in the US?
I'm not getting any response from your sister when I ask her this.

I hope you both are getting the your Chi's next week, I really do. You both seem really sweet, but please don't fool yourself unless you are really getting them.

Kind Regards, and good luck with your search :) x
Thanks alot. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks alot. :)
See, this is all I get from your sister too. No answers to my questions just some strange reply that doesn't relate to my post or questions :confused:

If you don't want to answer my questions, then please, just say? Your sister too. But otherwise it would be great (and polite) if you could answer me :rolleyes:

Here's my question(s) again: Have you been to see any of these Chi's yet? You say you're both adopting them next week but if you haven't been to see them yet I can't see that happening. Unless they do things differently in the US from over here in the UK?

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol here we go again. :p i was wondering if u and ur twin are both getting a chi each or just picking one for both u? it seems like u both have a different taste in which chi u wanna get as well ^^ it took me around 10 years for my parents to let me even get a dog. i was very frustarted as well but it was well worth it at the end. why is ur dad being iffy about getting a chi though is it because of the breed or just dogs in general? if its the breed then i think if u bring it home they will get used to it and fall in love,,,just like how my parents did ;) if its dogs in general...that's one where u and ur sis will have to convince your parents and show how responsible u both are. best OF LUCKS!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting! How old are you girls?
Yes, this is all very interesting! It seems the twins have signed off at the crucial question(s) again :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm now starting to smell something fishy going on here. Who knows though :confused: Maybe the girls are totally genuine in what they say...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah, I was only kidding. I believe they're twins. Just dubious about some of the stuff they've posted. It would help if the girls answered my questions instead of ignoring them and posting some random reply :rolleyes:
I know - it's a little frustrating. I'm thinking they are very young. 13 or 14 maybe? I had a horse for 2 years by then - I don't think I was quite as flakey! No offense girls!! :)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Yeah, I was only kidding. I believe they're twins. Just dubious about some of the stuff they've posted. It would help if the girls answered my questions instead of ignoring them and posting some random reply :rolleyes:
Maybe they dont know the answers themselves?

But anyway I wish you 2 girls all the best. When I got a job when I was senoir in Highschool I decided I wanted to buy my own dog. So I looked into a bunch of different breeders and finally picked one. My friend drove me down there to meet her and pick one. Since I didnt have my own car yet. So I picked out my kirby and then couple weeks later I bought him home.

Maybe you girls need to get a job and save up the money yourself.
All the best of Luck!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Maybe they dont know the answers themselves
They must know the answer because the question was, have they been to see their Chi's yet? It's a yes or no answer, they must know lol.
They have both said they are getting their new dogs next week (adopting). If this is the case I would of thought they'd have both been to see them before hand. I'm sure you can't just adopt a Chi (any dog) like that, without even seeing it first :confused: or can you? I know over here in the UK if you adopt a dog you have to see it first. You can't just say "Hey that Chi I've seen online is mine, I'm gonna adopt it next week."

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
They must know the answer because the question was, have they been to see their Chi's yet? It's a yes or no answer, they must know lol.
They have both said they are getting their new dogs next week (adopting). If this is the case I would of thought they'd have both been to see them before hand. I'm sure you can't just adopt a Chi (any dog) like that, without even seeing it first :confused: or can you? I know over here in the UK if you adopt a dog you have to see it first. You can't just say "hey that Chi I've seen online is mine, I'm gonna adopt it next week."
It's the same here. Most rescues will schedule a home visit and call your vet to make sure all your pets are UTD on shots etc.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
They have both said they are getting their new dogs next week (adopting). If this is the case I would of thought they'd have both been to see them before hand. I'm sure you can't just adopt a Chi (any dog) like that, without even seeing it first :confused: or can you? I know over here in the UK if you adopt a dog you have to see it first. You can't just say "Hey that Chi I've seen online is mine, I'm gonna adopt it next week."
I dont know if these girls are even approved for these dogs. There are applications and some times home checks.

I dont want to be pointing fingers or casting anyone down or anything. Im not like that. But something smells fishy.

With buying from a breeder, its easy...sometimes. You pick one out, become good friends with the breeder, put money down on a pup and wait till they are ready to leave mum. But Resuce is a whole different story, with applications, referrals, vet referral, some time home checks, meeting with you and the family and other pets. Meeting the pet to see if things work out.

These girls seem like they are shopping on petfinder like they would on ebay. Which one is wrong, because getting a pet shouldnt be like that. It seems they find one they like and want to tell everyone this is the one they are getting before the real work has been done. I know how the teenage girl minds work, I was one not to long ago. You see and want and thinks its your before the calls and works has been done. But you cant claim them as yours intill the money is down on them or they are home with you.

Not calling anyone out or anything ladies, but this is what Im getting from it. Im welcome you to point out im wrong. Actually pointing out Im wrong would make me feel better.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I dont know if these girls are even approved for these dogs. There are applications and some times home checks.

I dont want to be pointing fingers or casting anyone down or anything. Im not like that. But something smells fishy.

With buying from a breeder, its easy...sometimes. You pick one out, become good friends with the breeder, put money down on a pup and wait till they are ready to leave mum. But Resuce is a whole different story, with applications, referrals, vet referral, some time home checks, meeting with you and the family and other pets. Meeting the pet to see if things work out.

These girls seem like they are shopping on petfinder like they would on ebay. Which one is wrong, because getting a pet shouldnt be like that. It seems they find one they like and want to tell everyone this is the one they are getting before the real work has been done. I know how the teenage girl minds work, I was one not to long ago. You see and want and thinks its your before the calls and works has been done. But you cant claim them as yours intill the money is down on them or they are home with you.

Not calling anyone out or anything ladies, but this is what Im getting from it. Im welcome you to point out im wrong. Actually pointing out Im wrong would make me feel better.
I agree with you 100%. When my mom got Happy all of the above applied. The rescue gals have kept in touch with my mom and with me. They are really great! They don't want the dogs to get passed around any more so they make sure everything is in place for a forever home.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I agree with all of this!

And yes, adopting over there seems very much like it does over here i.e. as it should be :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See, this is all I get from your sister too. No answers to my questions just some strange reply that doesn't relate to my post or questions :confused:

If you don't want to answer my questions, then please, just say? Your sister too. But otherwise it would be great (and polite) if you could answer me :rolleyes:

Here's my question(s) again: Have you been to see any of these Chi's yet? You say you're both adopting them next week but if you haven't been to see them yet I can't see that happening. Unless they do things differently in the US from over here in the UK?

Thank you! :)
lol here we go again. :p i was wondering if u and ur twin are both getting a chi each or just picking one for both u? it seems like u both have a different taste in which chi u wanna get as well ^^ it took me around 10 years for my parents to let me even get a dog. i was very frustarted as well but it was well worth it at the end. why is ur dad being iffy about getting a chi though is it because of the breed or just dogs in general? if its the breed then i think if u bring it home they will get used to it and fall in love,,,just like how my parents did ;) if its dogs in general...that's one where u and ur sis will have to convince your parents and show how responsible u both are. best OF LUCKS!
We have not been to see the chis yet...I wanna. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.