Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, my neck curls are growing back...I gave momma a bit of worry as my pacemaker changed positions but my cardiologist said it was ok !

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Always makes my day to see your sweet face! :D So glad doc says all is well!!!!!!! ((((Hugs))))) to you!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Is there a thread that tells Izzy's story? She sounds like a real trooper!
Izzy was born with a malformed eye..it was treated medically but in 2012 the meds stopped working and the eye was painful..so enucleation was attempted...Izzys pulse fell to critical levels and she was resuscitated...they thought it was a reaction to propofol...we took her to the university of. Guelph
Veterinary hospital for enucleation so she would be under the care of anesthesiology...she had 2 full cardiac arrests..and required chest compressions with the second one before they got her heart going...she went into the ICU and was on continuous EKG and then came home 5 days later with a 72 Holter monitor on...all testing proved Sick Sinus Syndrome..her heart rate was 30 - 40 BPM ( normal is 120- -160 BPM ) and her heart was stopping for over 7 seconds at a time numerous times a minute...she could only walk about 10 steps before she became dizzy and extremely fatigued..she returned to the hospital when she recovered from the arrests for a pacemaker ...the pre-op Doppler showed Pulmonary Hypertension which was high moderate range which is very serious...so she had surgery for the pacemaker and went on medication for the PH...her prognosis is guarded...but I am very hopeful as her one month cardiac recheck showed improvement in the PH with the meds and her pacemaker is keeping her HR above 60 BPM...now that she is recovered she is back to her old active self...she is a tomboy and keeps me on my toes ! we are always amazed at her tenacity ..nothing stops her for very long ...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi beautiful Izzy, it's always a pleasure to see your little face, glad your doing well with your pacemaker and keeping Mummy on her toes. xx

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Such a sweetie! I am glad all is well :)

Reactions: nabi
1 - 16 of 16 Posts