Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! It's not a real problem because me and my husband are asking him "do you wanna go pee pee" as soon as he hears words "peepee" he starts jumping like crazy and runs to the doors. Im not working so Im always home and can always ask him. We do it regularly so he is doing good for puppy 9 months and don't leave any surprises. But why he is not asking himself. My parents dog start jumping and comes to the doors when "its time". So i thought Jack would do the same. How are your pupps "ask" to go to their thing?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Mine potty inside on pads so I really cant help much on Chi's. My larger dogs just get up and walk to the door and that lets me know they want out.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I'm not sure, really. Maybe you're just not waiting long enough? The nice thing about you being home is that you can let him out pretty frequently.

When mine lets me know she needs to go out, I have about 3 seconds, because she REALLY needs to go, and if I wait longer than 3 seconds, potty occurs on the floor =(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it happens the same with our boy :( if we sleeping or too busy he goes on the pads, sometimes he misses..haha)) i wish he could just bark or run to the doors.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy stands at the back door when she wants to go out.. although i'm really lucky coz my lounge leads out into the garden.

She also moaned (whined) at my dad when we were at his house coz she wanted a poo and couldn't remember where the door was.

Do you ask him frequently.. only reason i ask is maybe he hasn't had the opportunity to tell you? I don't know

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I ask mine if they want a pee and a poo. They also just let me know when they need it. Lolly runs up to the door and back again. She just started doing it after a while.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My Sheltie never asks to go out(i don't find it a problem ) just let him out every couple of hours ,Lily will go to the patio door and scratch the glass or if i'm in another room she will make little noises,she did this all on her own,never trained her to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
I am teaching Chico to ring a bell when he wants to go out. My last Chi was trained this way and we both loved it. I could hear that bell anywhere in the house and he would ring it.... then wait.... if I didn't come soon.... he would ring it again...... the last time would be a LOUD ring......LOL......he loved that bell.......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I guess all pupps are different. Maybe ours need more time. Im just afraid if I wont ask
him he will do it on the carpet ..:)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oh I am soooooo glad that Draco uses a doggy door. No accidents at all, not even during the coldest snowy months. I did have to shovel a pathway that he could run down and use but that is it. :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My lot are useless but then I have a long house meaning if they go to the backdoor I wouldnt see/hear them.
They have puppy pads by the backdoor, a dogflap into a run and are let into the garden every couple of hours so are pretty much covered!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts