Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im jus posting this as i wondered if anyone has any advice really i noticed as soon as my pug came into season jacobs whole attitude to everything has changed i knew he would think he is a man and stuff but i genuinely belive the trouble iv had with himis coz of this whole situation at nite he sleeps in my room with me he has done this since he was a baby but now jus cries as he wants to get down to my pug he stil enjoys going out but as soon as we are back he is straight to her she is out of season now and he stil acts this way is there anything i can do to try and train him out of this as you all prob know i do show him and fair enough he has growled twice at the judges so as you can imagin it does worry me and i wondered if anyone has any advice as to what i could try to solve this i want my little loving jacob back should i try and part him from her as much as i can please any advice i so dont want this to ruin his showing prospects

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
When was she done? Sturgis was like that he was fine afterwards. It was pitiful. But he still has to sleep with her and be around her 24/7 i cant seperate the two.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she finished about a week ago he turned all strange and was just waking up in morning for her and thats not the jacob i know now i have ruby he comes and plays with her on the other side away from my pug and he is fine then so if possible should i seperate and give him some more one on one time anyhting that will help i just dont want him to turn funny not just coz of the showing but coz he has great little temprement would hate for that to go he hasnt snapped at all lately im just really worrying

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and another thing his coat seems to have really thinned out again it was coming along so nice would that have anything to do with the way he is constantly worrying about her im going to get her neatured last time i took her the vet said she was over weight and iv put her on a diet but she doesnt seem to lose anything she is a pug and very bulky do you think i should try another vet? sorry about all the questions i just wanna get it sorted also how long after a season til you can get them neatured

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I read an article on a vet site that said some vets would actually spay while the dog was in heat for an extra charge. There are a lot of added "worries" with the surgery, including bleeding out, etc.

Anyway, the article said once the dog is out of her heat cycle, she's able to be spayed safely.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
wait get who neutered? if the pug is a female overwieght and you cant breed her by all means spay her. Any animal you have that you cant breed spay or neuter. As for Jacob how old is he now?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get my pug spayed i never planned on breedingher anyway she is just a pet but the vet i use said she was over weight she hasbeen on a strict diet im hoping to get her spayed when would the vet do it is it possible to get it done a week after heat il give them a ring jacob is 10 months now

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well, Jacob is ready willing and able to stud now. Having females intact can do strange things to males. Jacob didnt get her did he

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i have been watching them lke a hawk when he is with her and if i go out of room he comes with me but screams to get back to her after she is spayed will he stop acting like this today iv kept him away from her quite alot he has been playing with ruby in the other garden all day and now is finally sleeping with out crying for my pug

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
once your female is spayed he will stop however with Sturgis He is attached to Lady. He cries if i put her outside without him. he just has to know where she is once he knows where she is he is fine. Daytona on the other hand could care less where anyone is lol. Sturgis and Lady have a bond he will nudge her all day but.. regardless of that they are siamese twins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts