Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She had 4 puppies, 3 boys - 1 girl. I am posting pictures of the girl because she was beautiful, although she passed away yesterday due to fading puppy syndrome, the vet says. It was very sad as she was in my hands when it happened and I bawled for hours.

A few minutes old:

All beautiful blues:

Love them:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The blue/fawn girl. Love her. Miss her. Wanted her.

Dark blue boy (Puppy #3). It took half an hour to revive him and get him to breathe on his own. He's a champion!

Another Boy: Oinker! :)

Milk mouth!

Lt. Blue Boy (Looks darker in picture but pure lt. silver in person)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excuse the cleavage. :) This was my girl.. R.I.P :(

Lt. Silver boy just pooped a CRAP load and he's zonked out!

All 2oz of baby!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I kept thinking it was something I had done but the vet assured that it's very common. He said something about puppy mortality in the first few days/weeks being at 25% so 1 out of 4 was really common - especially for such a large chihuahua litter. Just very sad it happened at all. She was very innocent and sweet!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am! I had no idea they would all be blue! Always wanted a blue chihuahua so feel very blessed to be able to raise 3 of them! It's a lot of work.. Jada has been ill and unable to nurse the first few days so my husband and I have been puppy parents every hour on the hour for the past few days! It's exhausting but it will be so rewarding to see them grow! We can't wait to see what they will look like when they are running around, chewing on everything :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes - it does feel like a newborn baby. I guess I'll find out in 5.5 months as I am pregnant myself! So it's prepping me for the no sleep :)

I'll definitely post some more pictures of them as they grow! (Crossing my fingers for the blue eyes!!) :)

I

·
0 Posts
oh my word, how teeny are they and just ADORABLE.
So sorry you lost the little girl.

Theyre such a beutifull colour arent they. Belss, wish I was closer, I would have them all lol

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We really wanted to keep one - but due to the cost of the c-section and complications (which we are seeking legal action for for vet malpractice).. we need to sell all of them to not be in the hole. Our entire savings went into keeping Jada alive. (We will NEVER return to Banfield again!!!)

So if anyone knows of anyone who wants a male blue (in FL) - they'll be available in about 10-12 weeks. (whimper)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alisha said:
Aww congrats :) I'm so sorry about the little girl :( It's heartbreaking ((hugs)) When Bellas 2 pups passed I was so sad :( They'd have been 6 months old on Jan 5th.
I am sorry to hear! How old were they when they passed? What happened??

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Congratulations! They are gorgeous puppies. Please keep us posted with more photos.

I'm so sorry about your loss of the baby girl chi - R.I.P.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts