Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay ladies, I deleted everything in the other 25 week Jade thread. I thought I had upset Moni and felt terrible. I didn't want that thread to add fuel to any fire, so I took the pics and my posts down. She assures me it had nothing to do with the "size" topic, so I'll post these again. I also had a request for larger pics of Jade next to the can, so here goes. She was 25 weeks old yesterday, and she weighs about 1.5 lbs. She stands about 4.5" at the highest point of her back and is about 4.5/5" in length. I'm guessing she may make it to 5" in height. Not sure.

Oh, and yes, we can tell she has grown since we brought her home. She is almost twice that size now.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
T- I'm so GLAD you posted these! I was needing a Jade fix and Brody too. :) She is just the cutest thing. She looks really healthy too. Look at that little round belly! I just love her. Thanks for posting these, they made my day.

Brody says "there's my girl! xxooxx!"

Brodysmom

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Awww she's so cute ^_^ She's only a bit bigger than Misha right now haha, how big was she when you got her?

Oh I love the running picture too that's adorable!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T- I'm so GLAD you posted these! I was needing a Jade fix and Brody too. :) She is just the cutest thing. She looks really healthy too. Look at that little round belly! I just love her. Thanks for posting these, they made my day.

Brody says "there's my girl! xxooxx!"

Brodysmom
Thank you Tracy! :) Tell Brody we are needing to see some more pics of him soon, too. :D (Jade is too shy to say it, lol)

Doesn't she look awesome!?! That chubby belly is so sweet. :love7: I pack that food in her left and right. :lol: I'm hoping she retains the healthy look after I stop having to feed her so much. She doesn't always want to eat all of the food that she has too, but I make her. :lol: I am still feeding her every 4 hours for now, we'll see what the Vet has to say when she goes back in for her check-up.

Jade says to tell Brody that she loves him. :D xoxoxox

Awww she's so cute ^_^ She's only a bit bigger than Misha right now haha, how big was she when you got her?

Oh I love the running picture too that's adorable!
Thank you Krista! :) She weighed 12 oz. when I got her at 14 weeks old. We thought she'd hit some growth spells and end up closer to my other babies sizes, but she just never did. Chance was 8 oz. at 8 weeks, and he weighs 3.5 lbs. now at almost 2 years old. So it shows that they can be teensy weensy, and end up well above what the charts estimate. He was estimated to be 2 lbs., but I could tell by looking at him as a baby that he would get bigger than that. Anyway, she just turned out to be a VERY slow grower.

Ah she's so cute - what a gorgeous little expression she has!
Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aww sweet baby Jade, you're irresistible! The third pic is awesome! Such a cute little sweetheart!
Thank you Val! :) She loves her Granny. :love7: In the morning she sits with her nose under Granny's door, trying to patiently wait until Granny gets up. Then she twists her little hiney from side to side and does Granny a fancy little dance. :lol:

to JADE....she is growing to
be a fabulous looking gal:)
Awwww, thank you!!! :)

I think she gets prettier by the day. :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
ahhh theresa i'm so glad you reposted i was dying for them! she really is just the tiniest thing ever, i feel so big and clumsy around lucy and she's 2.5lbs - i cant imagine having this tiny angel around me! what a pretty pretty girl, i am obsessed!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Jade looks great.. what a little sweetie. Your photos are great!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
OMG is she the cutest little spitfire? How do you even stand the cuteness?
Frankie and Ben seem like monsters compared to Jade. Frankie is 9 lbs, not a bit of fat on him just a big boy. Ben, well that's another story he is a chunker.
We love your sweet little baby girl!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhh theresa i'm so glad you reposted i was dying for them! she really is just the tiniest thing ever, i feel so big and clumsy around lucy and she's 2.5lbs - i cant imagine having this tiny angel around me! what a pretty pretty girl, i am obsessed!
Thank you Ahra! :) It's so weird, because I know she's 6 months old, but we still see her as a young puppy because of her size. It's hard to picture a handful of a pup as being 25 weeks old. :lol: I can imagine you guys feel big around little Lucy. 2.5 lbs. is still so very tiny. She probably isn't much more than a handful either. :p

a chi and yummy dr pepper! what a great combo :D loved the last pic
Nothing better, eh? Thanks! :)

Oh, that last picture just made my heart melt. Tooo cute. Like Japanese manga cute!
Thank you Sandy! :) I got a chuckle out of "Like Japanese Manga cute!" :lol:

It always amazes me at how tiiiiny she is for her age. I adore her!!
Thank you Crystal! :) It amazes me too. :lol: I truly expected her to grow more than this by now.

Jade looks great.. what a little sweetie. Your photos are great!
I wish I could take photos as good as you do. :) Thanks Cathryn!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG is she the cutest little spitfire? How do you even stand the cuteness?
Frankie and Ben seem like monsters compared to Jade. Frankie is 9 lbs, not a bit of fat on him just a big boy. Ben, well that's another story he is a chunker.
We love your sweet little baby girl!!
Thank you Pam! :) I just love my little babies. I didn't expect to end up with 4 wee ones, but none of them grew much. And Jade is just minute. I guess I'm destined to be surrounded by live beanie babies. :lol: We really hoped Jade would make it to at least Gia's size, but oh well, God had other plans. I crack up when I say she's a "handful," because that is true in every way. :lol:

I would never guess Frankie at 9 lbs, or Ben. They are a perfect size, and so very cute! :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh Teresa, look at her. For how small she is, she looks so healthy. Bambi was so small at one pound when we got her at 4 months and I'm so proud that we were able to put almost a full pound on her before she passed but she had a congenital defect, as you know, that wasn't letting her gain the weight she should have. Jade is just built small. There's a huge difference. I wish I could meet her in real life. She's just a dear and good for you for getting her up to 1.5 lbs. What a cupcake. Lily is getting close to 3 lbs. and is finally feeling a little less fragile!!! Love her to bits!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh Teresa, look at her. For how small she is, she looks so healthy. Bambi was so small at one pound when we got her at 4 months and I'm so proud that we were able to put almost a full pound on her before she passed but she had a congenital defect, as you know, that wasn't letting her gain the weight she should have. Jade is just built small. There's a huge difference. I wish I could meet her in real life. She's just a dear and good for you for getting her up to 1.5 lbs. What a cupcake. Lily is getting close to 3 lbs. and is finally feeling a little less fragile!!! Love her to bits!!!
Thank you Robin! :) I just hope she stays looking healthy! Her coat and everything looks real good. My only worry is that when I stop feeding her every 4 hours she'll lose that "healthy" look. She isn't a "big" eater. She eats very little, then I have to coax the rest down her. So we'll see how it goes after she goes on regular feedings. Keep your fingers crossed. They are going to do some testing on her sugars sometime soon. She may need to be on meds for that, we aren't sure yet. If I don't pack the food in her, her sugars go down, and the first symptom in her is the loss of use of her back legs. We know that's what it is because when it happens I start my "sugar regimen" and it always pulls her back up. Anyway, so far she seems to be doing really well for such a teensy tike. We are very proud of her progress. :D

Yeah, Chase was like you mention Bambi was. We didn't have him as long, but his weight never budged when I had him. That was our first alarm. A healthy pup gains weight consistently, even the teeny ones. Then came the other issues, and he died of congenital heart failure. :( We still miss him so much as you do your baby girl.

Yes, your Lily has grown very nicely. That is a good thing, as you know. :)

can't stop looking at jade!!!!! can i have her??
You might send her back home. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just love her... I also love her pink belly... Milou's was like that when we got her, but we had a very hot sunny summer this year, and she did a lot of sunbathing... and it turned much darker... oh, I miss her pink belly! Thank you for the photos, but you know, it is never enough... can we please have some more? ;-)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts