Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Jake had his last consultation the vet told me that it is possible that Jake could suffer slight discomfort or lameness. This could be because the pin is rubbing and that would mean another operation to remove the pin.
Today I noticed Jake had slight lameness in his off hind but then later he seemed okay.

So we went to the stables and he was fine, no lameness, nothing.. However as the evening went on I noticed Jake was a lot quieter than normal and around 7pm I noticed he was lame on his off hind again..

He then went to sleep on my partners knee around 8pm and this is something he never does. Usually he is running around playing with Red till gone 9pm, in fact last night he was playing till around midnight and had me exhausted.

My instinct is telling me that he is hurting and sleeping is his bodies way of helping him to rest up.

So tomorrow morning I am cancelling his hydrotherapy and taking him to the vets instead..

I am praying he doesn't need another operation, the little fella has been through so much these past 6 months already.

I got upset as I hate seeing him hurting, he is so little and such a loving little lad... I can't wait to get him to the vets tomorrow. Right now he is curled up sleeping beside me and I can't move coz I don't wanna disturb him.

Why Jake.... :confused: he has done nothing to deserve all this ... Sod those irresponsible breeders :foxes15:

Worried mummy once again

Deme x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
How long ago was his operation?? Poor baby and poor you is he under an orthopaedic vet?? I reallydunmo what to say but i agree about the irresponsible breeders the worst part is they actually couldn't care less!!

Keep us updated. How's his weight loss going?? I posted a thread for u a few days ago

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I missed your thread...

The first operation was in March which was on the leg he is now lame on, the last operation on his other leg was approx 10 / 12 weeks ago.

The vet is brilliant and he has really looked after Jake well, not sure if he is an orthopaedic vet or not.

If he needs another operation I dunno if it will be classed as a new claim or not, if not its gonna hit my bank balance but heck I don't care, Jake is priority over money.

Jake weighted 3.85kg and at his last weigh in he was 3.7kg but that number is an estimate as Jake kept moving. I'll find out tomorrow what his weight is.

God I wish it was morning, the vets has three surgeries so I will phone the closest one first then the next then the next until I get one that will see him.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh I don't know I didn't think about that I suppose after two it gies over the £7k mark. Easy to say but try not to worry it could be nothing I wonder if he lost some weight if it would help I dunno just yhrowig ideas out there!!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jake is on a diet at the moment and the vet wants him down to at least 3.5kg, the vet fees so far for the 4 operations is running up to £4000

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I hope he gets better soon. :( Poor baby boy.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Poor little guy. Zoey had surgery on her knee (lateral collateral ligament repair) in July and needs to have her other knee fixed soon too. She hates her water therapy, so I'm sure she will enjoy a two week break from it while her other knee heals. We are going to hopefully schedule her for the end of this week, but it depends on the schedule since it's not a 'life threatening' surgery my dad (vet) will fit her in when he can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts