Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning- I am back with another problem with my Jasmine. Thank you so much for always giving me answers. This is an awesome place to be able to come and hear from people who have been throught the things I am going through and are nice enough to help me out.

I finally let Jasmine and Daisy out in the yard yesterday, since we have some warm weather and I have decided to try and train Daisy outside, since she is not getting the litter box training and I think Jasmine does not like to share the litter box with Daisy.

We do not have a fenced yare(another reason I REALLY was trying to train Daisy to the box) so I chained Daisy up and sometimes let her run loose, but she came back when I told her and did not try to take off. Jasmine was too afraid to come off the deck. Since she is so sensitive, I thought she could be let out and would stick around me, since she loves me so much!!! You can probably guess where I am going with this story--this morning I coaxed her off the deck and thought she would walk along side me along with Daisy and just check out the grass etc...but no she went running and exploring and smelling and actually headed to the front yard ( and the street) AND WOULD NOT COME WHEN I CALLED HER. Oh my gosh, she scared me half to death. Now I am used to her not coming when called in the house, but I was shocked that she lost all her fear and went crazy like that. Well I know never to let her out with out a leash and it will be hard to have all three of my dogs on chains by the deck (since they will tangle with each other) but they do not want to go out alone either. So I guess I need to just take Jasmine out for a short time on a leash and let her be in the yard. Sorry for rambling. My main problem (tho I have many...) is how do I make her come and mind?? I have tried bribing her with treats (its been a while, but she didn't come from the yard when I offerd a treat). Is she too young yet to have an attention span (6 mos)? Do I need a professional trainer? I can't have this anymore. She will be running the household if I can't get her to mind me. She is a pretty good dog, but that is just because she chooses to be. I don't feel I have any control over that.

Just a note- after Daisy walked all over the yard, and was chained out in the yard (happily, I might add, since my Yorkie, Spike was there too) she came in the house and pooped on my office carpet!!! I :x am at the end of my patience with her, but it has only been a month so I guess its too soon to give up.

Thanks for taking time to read this novel LOL and any suggestions on any of this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you explain a zip line for me? I looked at the sites that you sent and found the umbrella and track system interesting..especially the part about being able to mow over it. My husband is pretty picky about his lawn!!! We definitely need some ideas for THREE dogs now! Any suggestions on how to train my stubborn girl with a mind of her own??

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
well, i may be calling it the wrong thing but for a homemade one you take a clothesline and attatch the leash to it, this way the leash is up over them and it won't get tangled. i'm not sure about the training thing though.... sorry :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts