Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to share - I was sooo proud of Jasmine yesterday! My grand-daughter had a soccer game at the Y yesterday morning and since it was such a beautiful day here I took Jasmine with me. I was a little nervous about how she would react to all the people and there are usually several people who bring their dogs.

She was a little skittish at first, but after we had been there a few minutes she was fine. She was just great with all the kids there - let them pet her and she gave them kisses. She was the center of attention, and she loved it which is a relief to me. I want her to be well socialized and love kids and adults and not be one of those yappy, nipping little monsters! :lol:

This was her first time with a lot of people, and she made her mom proud.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That is relly great! I agree the quicker you socialize them in situations like that...the better. I did not do that with Bruiser, and have lived to regret it :roll: :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
That's great! It's wonderful for Jasmine and a pretty nice treat for all who met her. :)

I bring Lily with me wherever she is allowed but she's still very shy around people and scared to death of kids. You really do need to socialize them when they're young or it becomes virtually impossible.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rachael Polachek said:
That's great! It's wonderful for Jasmine and a pretty nice treat for all who met her. :)

I bring Lily with me wherever she is allowed but she's still very shy around people and scared to death of kids. You really do need to socialize them when they're young or it becomes virtually impossible.
I agree, Rachel. My previous chi, Tia, was 3 yrs old when I got her from rescue, and had not had an easy life. She was never comfortable around strangers, especially men, and would snap at any stranger who tried to touch her or me. Only man she ever really would have anything to do with was my son-in-law. Despite all my efforts, she never got over this.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I take Gadget every where with me... He loves going bye bye.... I have only left him home 1 time by himself.... he did good...

He loves people.. but he is really good about picking ans choicing who he wants around us... not all people gets his warm welcome... I have learned that if he sees somebody and starts wagging his tail then they are ok.. if he doesn't wag his tail and he does his low growl and then his little bark then he doesn't like that person.. which he has done a few times to people I know are not good people... it is amazing...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awww....that's great! I'm jealous. My Taco is very outgoing. I tried to socialize him when he was real little. Seemed to help...he like's people and kids. But, it wasn't easy. He HATES riding in vehicles. I don't know why. He's always been like that. The only bad experience he had was going to get neutered. I even bought him a car seat, so he could look out the window. No good. He still hates it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts