Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jasmine and I had quite an adventure this morning - LOL - at least it was an adventure to me since I have a real phobia about any kind of insect or spider. UGH!

I had just finished vacuuming the house, and was mopping the kitchen when I saw Jasmine sniffing at something under the dining table. I walked over to see what it was and it was a spider-looked as though it was dead. Now, in Florida we have what I call "grove spiders". Some call them wolf spiders - but whatever you call them they are huge, ugly spiders. They are supposed to be harmless, but I have this phobia so to me they are just gross.

I turned around to get a paper towel to pick the spider up, and Jasmine grabbed it in her mouth and took off, jumping up on the couch. After telling her to drop it three times, she finally did and it was curled up in a little ball. But when I reached down to pick it up in the paper towel, it uncurled and started running right at me!! I screamed and jumped back, Jasmine started barking and zooming around like crazy, and the spider is crawling toward the edge of the couch. I grabbed a throw pillow off the couch, swatted at it, and stunned it enough to knock it on the floor. I'm trying to step on it, Jasmine is trying to pick it up again, and I'm yelling OMG, OMG, OMG - I'm sure we looked like the Keystone Cops!!! :lol:

I finally managed to step on it, then flush it down the toilet. Then I had to go clean spider guts off my carpet. :lol: I swear, if I had any booze in the house, I would have had a drink after this was all over. LOL

What a morning!!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OMG :shock:

The horror!!! I soooo feel you....I am scared of anything that slithers, crawls, jumps, remotely related to the insect family...

I had one of those darn spiders on my ceiling and I was screaming as I got the broom...well...silly me tries to hits it not thinking DUH it's gonna jump on me..so that's exactly what happened it landed in my hair and I am screaming and jumping around...Gizmo is running laps, I'm shaking my head and body screaming without thinking I ran into the sliding glass door....can we say OWWWWW!!!

I got the spider out and creamed the thing...I even put hairspray on it..LOL

So I TOTALLLYYYY UNDERSTAND!!!

Yesterday a water mocassin came into my house in the kitchen!!!!! Thank god Gizmo was in his basket...hubby was in the living room and I started screaming..and he knows how I am so he hurried and took it out...when he came back he was laughing hysterically...because I don't even remember doing this, but somehow I managed to get on top of the refrigerator in a matter of seconds...LOL.. :oops:

Geeeeeez...

By the way....I am laughing as I reread your post...

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Spiders don't scare me....we have huge dock spiders, which I prefer if they stay outside but....A Water Moccasin !!!!!!! I can just say I would not be alive today if that was in my house...I would have had a heart attack....!

The last time I was in Florida the housekeeper told me there had been a snake ( ? kind ) in our cottage the week before and I never rested completely for the 3 weeks that we were there ! Crazy I know !

Glad little Jasmine wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG - I can't stop laughing - I can just see you dancing around, shaking your head - I would have totally freaked out too!! You ran into the patio door? Ouch!! Bet that hurt.

A water moccasin in the house - those things are poisonous!! How in the world did you get on top of the fridge?!!!

LMAO - this is just toooo funny. :lol: :lol:

And yeah, Rach, you are probably right. It was more my adventure. Jasmine was pretty calm about it all until I freaked out.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
:shock: I hate spiders and don't really like poisonous snakes so I can imagine how freaked out you both were. Glad you got it away from Jasmine Auggie is always nosing after spiders but they are those little harmless kind. What I worry about him finding is a centipede :shock:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
oh my gosh i woulda prolly peed my pants!!!!!! i can just picture the whole scene with jasmine's bark too lol......

and whoa water moccasins are bad news! they have been knows to chase people in boats! i woulda prolly got into the fridge if that was me!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Lady and Sturgis are bug friendly lol Sturgis wll pushem around with his nose Lady does the same then hides it under her chin. Its as if she just lays her chin on it after playing awhile as if to say no one getting my bug. If she gets a big one like a palmetto bug and gets it on its back when the feet wiggle and touch her nose she gets the most hysterical face and just shakes her head

·
Registered
393 Posts
Umm, what are Water Moccasins? Please inform an Aussie?

BTW, we have the most poisonous snakes & spiders in the world here - always think twice before getting close to creepy-crawlies!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
belladoggie said:
Umm, what are Water Moccasins? Please inform an Aussie?

BTW, we have the most poisonous snakes & spiders in the world here - always think twice before getting close to creepy-crawlies!
You don't have to worry about me getting too close to creepy-crawlies. LOL The further away the better as far as I'm concerned!!

Has anyone ever encountered one of the flying palmetto bugs? Now those totally freak me too. Got one in my bedroom once, am trying to swat it with a fly-swatter, and the darn thing kept dive-bombing me! It finally crawled under my bed - guess who did NOT sleep in their bedroom that night? :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Ugh I hate those things....

My neighbor has a plantain tree which is cool cuz I get free ones...LOL...the downside is if she doesn't pick them quick it attracts Palmetto bugs and other creepy crawlies....

Anyways...

I was in the porch with my husband and I had let the screen door open and one flew in and I got smacked int he face with it :shock: It was soooo big and disgusting....ughhhhhhhhhhhh

My hubby caught it...my hero.....I was crying and everything all traumatized....

Now I ask myself why am I in Florida again?...LOL

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have lived in Florida for over 35 years, and I will NEVER get used to all the creepy crawlies here!!! When I say I have a phobia about insects and spiders, I am not kidding. I have an exterminator spray my house every month, and if I see even ONE live bug, I am on the phone calling them to come and spray again.

I am more afraid of insects and spiders than I am of snakes. I have a healthy respect for snakes, but I don't completely freak out if I see one like I do with insects. Yeck!!!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when i had my pit i taught him to catch, kill and dispose of bugs when they were in the house. one time he caught this big millipede and i never seen one before so i was more freaked out and he got confused and started bringing it to me and i was yelling at him saying no no freeze that's bad! take it take (that was his command) and after about 5 minutes he finally realized oh i'm supposed to dump it (yes he put them in the garbage i kid you not) whenever i got upset he would get real confused and the face was priceless lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.