Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasper my 1 yr old long haired chi was neutered 5 days ago. The first day after the surgery he was acting normal (still curling up in bed with me) but then suddenly something changed. He only stays hiding in his little house or will be in the same room if he is in his cushion bed. At night he won't come on the bed with us anymore. He stays on the floor in his bed (which before surgery he would cry all night or jump up if we left him there ). He won even sit in our laps unless the bed is on our lap. He seems so afraid and even when we are eating he stays far away not right next to us hoping for some crumbs. He finished taking all of his medication and I dont know what to do. He seems so scared and skiddish now. He is so different. He won't even go outside. Please help!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hopefully your pup is OK now. Sounds as if he was really scared that something bad was gonna happen to him again! A little time, and a thunder shirt maybe will help. Sue

·
Registered
376 Posts
And don't baby him. Just treat him as you normally would. Babying him when he's acting that way just reinforces the behavior. I'm not saying don't care, just don't cater to that behavior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts