Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting on the couch today typing up some last minute items for college. I guess Jaxx thought I was ignoring him. All of a sudden I hear two tiny barks and look down and Jaxx is pouncing around on the floor.

It was so adorable. I wish I would have grabbed my phone and got it on camera.

I am not sure if he is just coming out of his shell or if switching his food yesterday made him extra hyper but it was so adorable! Up until now we have only seen bits of hyper episodes (mostly at 3-5 am when he wakes us to take him outside and then does not want to go back to bed.) It was nice to see him happy and hyper today in the middle of the day.

I can't wait until I can get his bark on camcorder.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Awww! how sweet!
I know how exciting it can be
Gucci and Coco were very vocal from the beginning, but I had never heard Prada bark until she was around 7 months old
I was actually worried about her and took her to the vet to make sure she was ok
LOL

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was worried at first because Jaxx did not bark although he did whine when he was not happy, especially in his cage. I talked to a girl that lives in our apartment complex that has a Chi and she made me feel better after she told me her Chi did not start barking until it was probably 1 year old.

He has so many different moods that most days it just leaves me laughing and guessing what he is going to do next. I love that he is slowly coming out of his shell though and feeling more at home with us. He has even stopped following me around 24/7 and even goes to his bed during the daytime now sometimes to sleep instead of insisting on being on my lap (that should make school work a lot easier when college starts back up in January.)

I just purchased him a couple of toys on line for Christmas. I am sure my BF will want to go buy him some stuff for Christmas but, I was shopping for my BF so I could not resist adding some items to my cart at Amazon for Jaxx too. My BF says that in the short time that we have had Jaxx he has become very spoiled very fast and soon we are going to have to buy a basket like I used to have for my golden retriever for Jaxx's toys. I still have my Golden Retriever's basket but it would be too big for Jaxx to get any toys out of it. Now if i could just train Jaxx like I had Shad trained. I would say pick up your toys and he would go around and pick up all of his toys and put them back in his basket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.