Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaxx's new Red Rattler BB came yesterday. I haven't been able to take any outside shots with him on it yet but he was modeling it for his daddy last night. Jaxx seemed to know that the package was for him the moment I walked in the door. He kept pawing at the package while I was opening it trying to help me. He even put his nose in the envelope before I put my hand in it trying to figure out what was in it.

A bit fuzzy but Jaxx was looking for a treat since he was posing so well.

I thought at first that they had sent me a 3 because the buckle is bigger on this one and the leg holes are a little bigger than the natural one as well. It says it is a 2 though. Since it isn't the untreated leather like the Natural one it seems a lot bulkier too but I think that might just be because it needs broke in.

Here are some other pictures of Jaxx I found on my camera. I never use my camera anymore since I got my Iphone but I thought these were cute so I wanted to share.

Jaxx is inside the dug out at the baseball park with me while his daddy practices disc golf. He would not leave my side but he wouldn't take his eyes off of hubby either.

Good morning....I love you too Mommy

I am tired of posing. Can we put the camera away?

Fine, I will close my eyes and the camera will disappear

·
Registered
960 Posts
I love it Amy Jo! The colour really suits him. I agree it looks a bit chunkier, maybe that is why the natural stretched so much? How does Jaxx feel about his new Buddy Belt? :)

I adore his "I love you mummy" face :love5:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Jaxx look awesome in his new buddy belt! I really like the way the red looks on him. I always love red on Lexie and Chance. It goes real nice with the Fawn coloring. That one does look bigger than the neutral color. It looks like a size 1.5 would be perfect for him. That's the size Chance would need. I've used our size 1 minimally, and we are noticing the stretching too. I might give buddy belt a call. But I'm not sure what they can do for us since the one we have is the smallest they make. I wouldn't want the hardware to be any bigger. It's really hard to get a perfect fit on anything unless its custom made to each pup. They are all just built so different.

I'm glad you got it! It looks awesome on your lil guy! xxx

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it Amy Jo! The colour really suits him. I agree it looks a bit chunkier, maybe that is why the natural stretched so much? How does Jaxx feel about his new Buddy Belt? :)

I adore his "I love you mummy" face :love5:
I think that is why the natural stretched so much. It is definately chunkier and it looks like the leg holes are just a tiny bit bigger than the Natural

NICE!!! the Red Rattler is the same one that I bought for Chico and Kody..... I hope its nice and soft as avertised...... I worry alittle about rubbing their legs....
Jan the top is stiff but where it touches the skin it is really soft. I know the Natural did not rub Jaxx's legs and for the walk this morning that we did in the new one did not rub so hopefully it won't rub at all.

It looks good! Have you noticed a big difference in fit?
The biggest thing in fit I have noticed is the bulkiness. The legs are a tiny bit bigger compared to the Natural but I do not have to put it on the tightest hole like I was in the end with the Natural.

Jaxx look awesome in his new buddy belt! I really like the way the red looks on him. I always love red on Lexie and Chance. It goes real nice with the Fawn coloring. That one does look bigger than the neutral color. It looks like a size 1.5 would be perfect for him. That's the size Chance would need. I've used our size 1 minimally, and we are noticing the stretching too. I might give buddy belt a call. But I'm not sure what they can do for us since the one we have is the smallest they make. I wouldn't want the hardware to be any bigger. It's really hard to get a perfect fit on anything unless its custom made to each pup. They are all just built so different.

I'm glad you got it! It looks awesome on your lil guy! xxx
Thank you T. I love the red on him too it seems to suit his color.
I have been wondering if yours was stretching because I thought you had the same one that I bought for Jaxx where it has the BB and Canadian flag stamped onto the BB instead of the actual cloth and plastic tag.
I would call them if I were you T. I found a shop in Dallas that I talked to the owner of the shop and she carries BB. She says that most of them do not stretch much at all but the Natural stretches bad. Perhaps the size 1 hardware is the same for all of the BB's and they could replace the one you have with another one that is not going to stretch.
I actually think I like the make of the Natural color better because it seems more slim and delicate. Perhaps I will get used to the bigger hardware but I really prefer the smaller hardware.
I think you are right and a 1.5 would be perfect for Jaxx. I really wish they made more half sizes.
I am sure that when Winter comes again we will go back to our Puppia harnesses but for the Summer I am going to try to stick with the BB. I wanted something smaller for Summer so Jaxx doesn't have so much on him when it is 100+

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
His chest girth looks small. Maybe 11 inches? Just judging by pics.

I think that's why the 2 looks big. He's right on the very end of the smallest measurement of the size 2.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His chest girth looks small. Maybe 11 inches? Just judging by pics.

I think that's why the 2 looks big. He's right on the very end of the smallest measurement of the size 2.
You are good T! I could never judge girth by pictures.

I think the 1 may fit if it would stretch at all but I do not think it would fit to begin with on Jaxx. Right now he is on the 2nd to last (tightest) hole. It is funny because on the Natural Brand Jaxx started out on the 2nd to loosest hole and ended up on the tightest hole and it was very loose on the tightest hole in the end.
I think Jaxx is just right in between those sizes where a 1.5 would fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I think that is why the natural stretched so much. It is definately chunkier and it looks like the leg holes are just a tiny bit bigger than the Natural

Jan the top is stiff but where it touches the skin it is really soft. I know the Natural did not rub Jaxx's legs and for the walk this morning that we did in the new one did not rub so hopefully it won't rub at all.

The biggest thing in fit I have noticed is the bulkiness. The legs are a tiny bit bigger compared to the Natural but I do not have to put it on the tightest hole like I was in the end with the Natural.

Thank you T. I love the red on him too it seems to suit his color.
I have been wondering if yours was stretching because I thought you had the same one that I bought for Jaxx where it has the BB and Canadian flag stamped onto the BB instead of the actual cloth and plastic tag.
I would call them if I were you T. I found a shop in Dallas that I talked to the owner of the shop and she carries BB. She says that most of them do not stretch much at all but the Natural stretches bad. Perhaps the size 1 hardware is the same for all of the BB's and they could replace the one you have with another one that is not going to stretch.
I actually think I like the make of the Natural color better because it seems more slim and delicate. Perhaps I will get used to the bigger hardware but I really prefer the smaller hardware.
I think you are right and a 1.5 would be perfect for Jaxx. I really wish they made more half sizes.
I am sure that when Winter comes again we will go back to our Puppia harnesses but for the Summer I am going to try to stick with the BB. I wanted something smaller for Summer so Jaxx doesn't have so much on him when it is 100+
Yeah that's the one we have. The girls have only worn it around the house and it's stretching. So we definitely need a size 1 that will stretch minimally. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I don't understand why they don't make more half sizes. So many seem to need them.

With the petite frames, the larger hardware makes it look bulky. Ours is too wide in the chest too. So I think we are just going to stick to our Puppias.

Our Puppia is the mesh type. It's actually doesn't absorb as much heat as the cotton material. But I know what you mean about the heat. Our Summers are brutal.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts

I think the 1 may fit if it would stretch at all but I do not think it would fit to begin with on Jaxx. Right now he is on the 2nd to last (tightest) hole. It is funny because on the Natural Brand Jaxx started out on the 2nd to loosest hole and ended up on the tightest hole and it was very loose on the tightest hole in the end.
I think Jaxx is just right in between those sizes where a 1.5 would fit perfectly.
Haha!! God gave me awkward talents. :lol:

I bet the size 1 natural would fit him fine after it stretches. Just not sure how comfy it would be while stretching. You could give it a go. It might turn out the perfect fit.

Gia wears it on the middle hole. After a lot of use, I'm sure it will be on the next tightest hole.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's the one we have. The girls have only worn it around the house and it's stretching. So we definitely need a size 1 that will stretch minimally. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I don't understand why they don't make more half sizes. So many seem to need them.

With the petite frames, the larger hardware makes it look bulky. Ours is too wide in the chest too. So I think we are just going to stick to our Puppias.

Our Puppia is the mesh type. It's actually doesn't absorb as much heat as the cotton material. But I know what you mean about the heat. Our Summers are brutal.
Summers are definitely brutal here in Texas! The first year I was here I thought I was going to die. It didn't help matters that I was being stubborn and would try to go out and do everything I wanted in the heat. I insisted going to Traders Village one day when it was 107 degrees outside. I ended up getting dizzy and hubby had to basically carry me back to where he could pick me up with the car. Dealing with the heat in Texas definitely was a learning curve.

Haha!! God gave me awkward talents. :lol:

I bet the size 1 natural would fit him fine after it stretches. Just not sure how comfy it would be while stretching. You could give it a go. It might turn out the perfect fit.

Gia wears it on the middle hole. After a lot of use, I'm sure it will be on the next tightest hole.
That is a great idea! I did not think about using the very stretchy quality of the Natural BB to my advantage.

God gave you many great talents T!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The red is stunning on Jaxx! Perfect choice!!!

And Jaxx is such a handsome fella. I loveeee seeing all these awesome photos of his handsome little self. Adorable!

Sent from Petguide.com App
Thank you Ashley! I love seeing pictures of Toby too! He is so much like Jaxx in so many ways I feel like I am seeing a picture of a family member when I see pictures of Toby.

Jaxx you look so handsome in red, I love your new BB!
Thank you! I think red and green are my favorite colors on Jaxx but it has to be a certain color of green.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts

It seems that most of us need a half size! They should at least offer them as a custom option if there isn't enough demand to have them in stock all the time.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems that most of us need a half size! They should at least offer them as a custom option if there isn't enough demand to have them in stock all the time.

I agree Krystal. Perhaps they only do half sizes for larger sizes because a dachshund is the dog that it started BBs off and not many dachshunds are below a size three? Don't know if that is the reason but to me it makes sense to make half sizes in the smaller sizes since small dogs a little bit in size difference is huge.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I got a reply to my email asking for a 2.5 and they said the reason that they don't currently offer a 2.5 is because the size difference between a 2 and a 3 is minal compared to a 3 and 4, most dogs (aparently) fit either a 2 or 3 as they are so close in size and there wasn't the demand, the more people that email amd ask about small half sizes, the better!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts