Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today we had a scare with lil miss Jelly. About a half hour after she ate dinner which was about 6:30 ish she was shaking so i asked her what was wrong and she ran so i followed and she was about to throw up. she threw up about a quarter size of throw up..then she started running again and started gagging..she must of threw up like 5 more times but this time they were the size of softballs..and i'm being dead serious when i say that. then it started to be yellow mucus.. i checked her gums and they were a gray/white which i know is not normal and she had a sleepy look in her eyes..so i called her vet to consult them and then brought her in..when we got there the sleepiness started subsiding and the color in her gums started coming back so we didnt admit her as emergency. when she was seen by the vet she was shaking real bad more so due to she was scared..so we had to muzzle her since she was being snippy...he checked her gums..her weight which is 7lbs..but when i weighed her at home earlier this week she was about 9lbs so i really dont know if my scale was accurate but if it was that means she lost 1-2 lbs from today.. and her heart beat and they were fine and her temperature was fine as well..he gave her two needles to prevent her from throwing up anymore then prescribed her CLAVAMOX and HAPONAL. while i was there i asked about heart worm prevention medicine and so he drew blood from and tested her which came back negative so now shes on tri heart plus..i'm going back to get peanut tested and to get frontline for both of them. my baby is ok now she's much better and starting to act her normal self and she ate food when we got home since she threw up all of it and drank some water.. thank god shes ok..i just thought i'd share my scare with you guys.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
That does sound scary....

I am happy that she is doing better now...

Good Idea to get them both checked....

I hope she feels better soon...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Tanya* said:
Oh man, i would've freaked out! I'm so glad Jelly's ok now. (((HUGS)))
i actually started crying because i was in such a panicky mood..peanut butter actually started following me because he knew something was wrong with me and jelly. but yes i'm thankful shes ok and hopefully nothing happens to jelly ever again.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
How frightening... I had a similar situation with OmaKitty about 6 months ago and I don't think I've ever been that nervous or scared in my life.

Did they figure out what was wrong with Jelly? I read your post twice and, unless I missed it, I didn't see a reason for the vomiting and shakes. I could have missed it... it's late and I need sleep.

I'm glad little Jelly is doing better now... I hope you recover just as quickly. :lol:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah i'm curious what was wrong with her ?? i would be so freaked out ...you have no idea :? , glad she's feeling better now though :wave:
give her a big hug from me

kisses nat

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Ive been told the yellow mucus stuff is bile that is when their tummy is empty thats what comes up,Sully does this sometimes before breakfast.Fynn throws up sometimes but is okay as soon as she is done

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
PEANUTBUTTERNJELLY said:
*Tanya* said:
Oh man, i would've freaked out! I'm so glad Jelly's ok now. (((HUGS)))
i actually started crying because i was in such a panicky mood..peanut butter actually started following me because he knew something was wrong with me and jelly. but yes i'm thankful shes ok and hopefully nothing happens to jelly ever again.
OH MY GAWD I would have been running over myself, i'd have been so scared. The white gums would have freaked me out because i would've been thinking "blood loss" from somewhere. Anyway, i'm glad she's ok! :) I wish we had an Emergency clinic for sick pets after hours but the best we can do is "try" to get in touch with a vet. My vet or her husband, )who is also a vet) are pretty good to call back when you leave a message but i worry because right now they are going through bad times with one of their children ( only 9yrs old) who was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. So i don't know if they are as accessable as they used to be.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they said that she probably ate something outside that made her stomach upset that brought on the throw up and shakes..shes fine today..running around like her normal self..just woke up and gave jelly her antibiotics..shes my lil girl again :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw i'm glad that she is feeling better!

when my mom's dog ws vomitting bile (the yellowy clear sometimes fizzy looking stuff) we had to rush him in to emergency casue we started noticing stringy like blood in it as well. it turns out that the blood wasn't that serious:

*if it ever happens to one of your babies this is why the blood with the bile*

when the stomache has nothing left to throw up it wrenches and and wrenches causeing blood vessels to break in the lining of the stomach and it comes up with the bile..... if it's ever actual blood and not the stringy type looking blood then that's totally different....

anyways, we never really found out was wrong with him and he went through sooo much testing. but he was very sick for days. i guess it's like with us humans, we get upset tummies (i have one now :( ) and they are for a bunch of different reasons....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts