Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Cooper and I went to the local feed store to get some things for our friends at the ranch. (Tomorrow we're going horseback riding!)

For those that don't know, feed stores are where you buy stuff for your ranch animals - horses, cattle, pigs, whatever. They also have dog stuff and it's usually a lot cheaper than the petstores! The drawback is the dog stuff is usually geared towards the larger dogs since those are the ones working on ranches/farms.

There was a small Australian shepherd mix in the store, very friendly. Most feed stores have a "store dog" and this guy was just as beautiful and kind as any dog I've ever seen. I put Cooper on the floor after asking the guy at the counter if he minded (he said he didn't mind, as long as Coop was under voice control) and me, Cooper and the shepherd mix started walking towards the dog food/toys.

Meanwhile, this "good 'ole boy" came into the store. I'm going to use the term "good 'ole boy" to describe a guy that wears a cowboy hat, drives a new truck, talks with a thick accent, thinks he's Roy Rogers but has never stepped in horse poop in his entire life. I hope our European friends can get a clear picture of that. LOL

So "good 'ole boy" - let's call him Fred - is at the counter, talking to the guy about mowing his yard and just chit-chatting. I come from the back of the store with the two dogs in tow and he turns around and gives Cooper and me a nice long stare.

THEN, he says "hey lady, I'd watch that old white dog if I were you. We haven't fed him yet today."

Amazingly enough, I ignored his attempt at humor.

Then he says to the guy at the counter, "Did you ever find that chihuahua-rat that was in here last week or did we decide your dog ate him too?"

I said nothing. Neither did the guy at the counter, who had noticed I was holding my tongue.

THEN, Fred says, "I don't know if you should leave that pup on the ground with that vicious dog right there. You may go home with..." and this is where I interrupted him.

I said "Sir, seeing as how both these dogs are well trained and better behaved than you are, I don't think that white dog will be a problem. YOU, however, need to beware of the chihuahua's owner because I've heard she DOES bite." Then I stared him down really good... even *I* was scared of my own stare.

He said nothing - just grabbed his stuff and left. The guy behind the counter said "wow... that was good. But you should have hit him." Then he gave Cooper a treat. :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
:lol: I just love your stories!! Could you tell one everyday please? They always make me laugh! :wink:

But yeah, what an idiot and a great comeback on your part, good job! :D

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Kari said:
:lol: I just love your stories!! Could you tell one everyday please? They always make me laugh! :wink:

But yeah, what an idiot and a great comeback on your part, good job! :D

Kari i 2nd that ! cooper you are tooo funny man if you write a book about all your trips with cooper ,I'd BUY it! :wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Id buy the book too! you are hilarious!!! and that scared me just imagining it!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I said "Sir, seeing as how both these dogs are well trained and better behaved than you are, I don't think that white dog will be a problem. YOU, however, need to beware of the chihuahua's owner because I've heard she DOES bite."

now that one made me laugh.. how did you come up with something like that so quick?? I agree you should make a book at the lab forum i'm someone wrote a series (they have there own section in the forum) on what it is like living with her lab, where they go, what and who they see and meet, and what they do. you should do that here!!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure how I came up with my reply so quick... sometimes, I say things before my brain thinks them - the only problem is usually I say things before my brain thinks them! :lol: :lol:

I was pretty impressed with my comeback - but it made me laugh when the guy at the counter told me I should have hit the guy, since that's my usual comeback. :boxing:

I think Cooper should write a book. He's much better at telling stories than I am... and he has always been jealous of ex-First Lady Barbara Bush's book-writing-dog.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That is priceless!! Good for you!! I wish I could control myself like that. When something sets me off, I get so mad that I can barely speak anything but incoherant babble. LOL

My husband's supervisor (military) called Angel a rat once. I almost had to bite my tongue clean off or risk getting hubby in serious trouble. I just took Angel and left without a word and never went back. :evil:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This post made me laugh out loud!

Yes, please write a book!!! I keep printing out your posts and mailing them to my mom --- and I read them out loud to my hubby!!! If you'd write a book, I could just buy copies for everyone! :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts