Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 21st, 2004
Dear Diary,
Today is shaping up to be just as crazy as yesterday. We keep having severe storms come into our area and that scares me to know my chi's are home alone while I am at work. I set up two crates downstairs in the area we go to for tornados and placed them under our heavy work bench. They have plenty of blankets and toys with them so they should stay comfortable until I get home.
Hopefully our power doesnt go out again like it did last night. I go crazy if I dont have my music, my tv, and my computer. Good thing I have my chi's for company, especially now that my roommates have gone home for the summer.
So far there are no storms, but we do have a watch so who knows what will pop up.
I pray my workday goes better then yesterday! We get a lot of angery customers in and I think every single one came in last night. Here's hoping we get nice people into work tonight.
It will be good for my chi babies to be in crates while I am gone. Tequila decided that she wanted to use my bed as a potty spot...boy was I ever mad when I got home. I only work 5 hours and have pee-pads in my room for them...Ginger and Kylie use them but Tequila refuses. I think she might had been scared of the storm, so even though I was mad, I didnt scold her.
Well, lets hope my chi's dont have to go through another night of scary storms!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yikes...we have tornado watches and there is a nasty, nasty storm just to the west of us...looks like another long night for me and my chi's...will let you know how it goes...going to turn off my computer because I see a lot of lightning in the distance.
Wish us luck...hehe!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we ended up having a tornado touch down just east of my house! Scary! My puppies were NOT happy at all!!! We have a break in the action until about midnight when we are suppose to get some more. At least my power is still on...lol!
All three of my pups where cuddling next to me during the storm...poor guys! Ginger is especially scared of thunder and likes to curl up under my chin during the storms. Kylie could really care less and as long as Tequila is in my lap she is fine. Its soo funny how different they each are.
Well, got to go downstairs and see what the little devils are getting into :twisted:
Hopefully I can get some sleep before work (which by the way was A LOT better then yesterday!)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May, 22,2004

Dear Diary,
Well, we survived the night. We only had the one tornado touch down. I am leaving for work now so I will see if anything was damaged...since the tornado was just a couple miles from us.
Last night my friend came home with this beautiful Long Haired Chihauhau!!! She was babysitting him for an older lady that lives near her grandmother. His name is Rocko and he is a rescue dog. My chi's were so excited to have a new chi in the house. Rocko was HUGE though! Not fat but just a big chihuahua, he dwarfed Tequila, which is a first! I thought maybe it was a Papillon when he first trotted in but there was no mistaking that head and those eyes!
I took pictures of the gang playing so hopefully I can get a computer cable tomorrow and upload them for everyone to see.
My friend also went to this doggie bakery in Iowa last night and baught Tequila this huge Birthday bone-shaped cookie! She just loved it! She thought her bday was yesterday, but its really next thursday...dont think Tequila minded the mix-up though. My other two were so jealous! I think I am going to take her to that shop this weekend to see what they all have.
Well, have to go to work. I hope the times flies because I really dont want to go!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Diary,
Great day! Tequila had obedience class today and did awesome! She was the best in class...and I am not being bias :wink:
Hopefully she wont be scared of the agility course, because the trainer thinks she will do great with it. She said Tequila is extremely fast and agile and it would build her confidence up doing agility. Will have to wait till July though :?
Gosh it got cold outside. My pups are all curled up in their pink blanket. Quite a change from our 80 degree weather...right now it is 46 degrees...yikes!
Kylie goes into therapy in a couple days. Hopefully they will have good news for me!
I have to take my mothers papillons into the vet...apparently they have bloody stool...probably have a parasite. Got to make sure to keep them away from my dogs though until they get diagnosed.
Thats about it tonight. I should get to bed so I can stay away for tomorrows class

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May 27th, 2004

Dear Diary,
Tequila turns 1 year old today!!!!!! My friend bought her this HUGE bone-shaped cookie she got at a dog bakery...smells good enough for me to eat...hehe!
We are going back to my mom's house today so she can play with my mom's dogs! She just loves it at my mother's house! She has a nice, big yard for her to run around in.
My little brother (9yrs old) bought her a bday balloon to tie to her crate! How cute is he! He called me to make sure I was coming home so he can give it to her. My little brother has a mild case of autism, so when he comes up with idea's like that it makes me happy! I think Tequila is his favorit of all my dogs.
I might get her a new tshirt, or this raincoat I saw online the other day! She just hates the rain and refuses to go outside while its raining so hopefully that will help.
Well, thats all that is going on today. Just have to make it through an exam and work. Talk to you guys later!
-Jessica and the birthday girl, Tequila!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
June 9th, 2004

Wow has it been a long week! Been running between my house and the dog therapist (which is a 2-hour drive). Not too sure how much use Kylie will get out of her leg. They think they can re-align her two bones so that her knee bends correctly, but they might not be able to do that. Otherwise all they can do is muscle-strenghening and massage to lossen up all those tight muscles. She just loves going there! SHe knows that she is going to get a nice massage and go for a swim. They just love her there.
I actually got a job there too! So now all of Kylie's therapy is free!!!!!!! I think I am starting that job Wednesday (week from today).
Tequila went to doggie-daycare today. She is really having problems being away from me. Even though I am working at the same place, they assign me to another dog to care for, so Tequila can get over her seperation anxiety. It will take a while for her to get use to it...I think I will actually bring her to daycare and leave for a couple hours, so she actally gets time away from me. I love how attached she is to me, but its causing other behavioral problems.

WEll, thats all thats new today. Will write again when I have more to add.

-Jessica

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*****Warning* Before reading this I just want to let you all know that it has to do with my day at work today. I had to vent about a dog that died at work and as a warning, the way he died was not nice, so if you are queeze in any way do not read this...i just needed a outlet to vent because it was really upsetting for me*******

Dear Diary,
I dont think today could had ended any worse then it did tody. It all started out great. I took Tequila to Agility classes and she did great! She is catching on so fast, her trainer really believes she will do very well in it.
Work started out like any other day, only today one of our doctors broght in her Greyhound. He was in the back boarding rooms with all the other dogs, including Kylie (my chi mix) I went to pet him and he seemed to be in a happy mood. That is when I found out that he was very sick and that the doctor was going to have to put him down later that night. This made me very sad because I knew she loved this dog a lot. She has 7 dogs total, most are Greyhounds (she does a greyhound rescue) but she had always said that this dog had a special place in her heart.
She was crying most of the day, and who would blame her? She did calm down by dinner time and everything seemed to go back to normal.
Well, I came back from Subway with my sandwitch getting ready to eat dinner when i heard one of the assistants cry out in horror. I ran back to see what was wrong and there was the greyhound, dead in his room, blood everywhere!!!!!! He had a rupture in his lungs (the best way I can describe it) and he bled out through his mouth. I couldnt believe what I was seeing. i found myself starting at him trying to figure out if he was dead and what had happened. He had foam in his mouth along with blood and his intire room was pretty much covered in blood. I have never seen anything so desturbing in all my life!
We had to go back and tell the doctor (who was on the phone) that she HAD to get off the phone and go by her dog. She knew right away and went back there. We left her alone...I didnt know what else to do. I wanted to help her out but I got the sense she wanted to be along and do it herself. My hands were shaking so bad, I couldnt even look at my dinner. I just swiped back in and started working again. I had to hold myself together because there were other clients we had to see who didnt know what was going on. I was able to cry after hours when we all stood around and talked about what had happened. This vet is Kylie's vet, so I feel like I know her the best out of everyone there so I really felt bad for her. She loved her dogs and to see her dog die like that tore at my heart.
I just had to vent about today. This is something that is going to stick with me for a very long time. I wish I didnt have to see that because it is burned into my head now.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear Diary,
What a day!!!!! It all started with me going to the training place to help out, train some dogs, and work on Tequila's agility.
It ended with me bringing home another chihuahua!!!
Long story short, my friend took in this 6yr old male, long-haired chi because the old lady who had him before didnt like him. Now I dont know if this old lady was the cause of his apperance, or my friend but this dog was about 2-3lbs too thin, had doggie lice, and was urine-stained and smelled horrible! His nails were very very long and his coat was nasty. I told my friend to just give me the dog and I would find him a loving home.
It took about an hour to find the little boy a good home, but the lady cannot take him till next week, so the little boy is with me now. He just loves my three chi's and he has grown quite attached to me. The only problem is that he will bite at men and kids, so it is my job to try to train him. He has done very well with my roommates (both boys) and I plan on taking him home to meet my 9yr old brother (who is very use to chi's and toy breeds in general...my family owning 8 total toy breed dogs). He is the perfect kid to train this little dog with because he understands how to train them. (I love having a little brother!!!)
Keeping my fingers crossed that this little chi does well, otherwise his new mommy might not want to keep him. This I am sure of though...he will not go back to that old lady or my friend....nor will he end up in a shelter...i will do my best to make sure he finds a nice loving home.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear Diary,
Well, little Gizmo is gone. His first home did not work but there is this lovely elderly lady in Iowa who really wants a chi. She is caring for her nearly blind husband and wants a little dog to keep her company. I think Gizmo will be a great match for her because she has no grandkids and no other dogs. They are very rich and has a big fenced-in yard so he will be spoiled.
I hope to keep in contact with her to see how things are going. If this doesnt work out I have decided I will just keep him. I miss him already and I know that he loves my dogs. But I really cannot have 4 dogs so I really do hope this works out. (but another side of me wishes it doesnt so I can take him back)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Feb. 10th, 2005

My poor girls! They are use to coming to work with me but now that I have a new job they have to stay home. I thought of putting them into daycare but the place I use to work for was bought out by someone else and I dont trust her.
Thankfully my roommates are willing to "watch" them. I say that only because they refuse to have them out when I am gone, but they will check on them to make sure they have water and arent causing trouble. Thankfully I have paper-trained them!!

They were so crazy when I got home last night! I had to rush from work to a basketball game (that I was peforming a halftime show in) so they were alone from 7am till 8pm! I am so glad I converted my walk-in closet into their 'room' because I would feel horrible keeping them crated up. They had the zoomies BIG TIME last night! I was lauging so much! Even my roommates got into the fun and lied on the floor and played with them.

This morning they were still pretty hyper! I think they were worried I was going to leave them alone again. It will take them some time to get use to my new schedule but I think they will be fine.

I think one of them was pretty stressed about yesterday though because someone had some pretty bad diareah. I was able to rule out Tequila but I am still not sure if it was Ginger or Kylie. I thought it was Ginger but Kylie had some poop on her fur :tongue6: I will have to keep an eye on them today.

I am still having issues with Kylie and her weight. She should weigh about 7lbs but she is still stuck at 9lbs. I am thinking I will get her tested for thyroid problems because I am only feeding her 1/4 a cup of dry food A DAY! I give her some greenbeans to fill her up some, but I mean I cant feed her any less...she is only getting 1/8 a cup of food a feeding!!!

I am happy to say Ginger has gained some weight. She has finally broke the 3lb mark...weighing in at 3.3lbs! She was only 2.7lbs the last time she was at the vet.

Tequila was finally cleared to go back to normal activity after 10wks post op from her knee surgery. Now I just need to find time to go back to agility. I set up this mock agility set and she went right back into it like she had been doing it this whole time. I think she missed it.

Gosh this was a long entry. Guess that is what happens when u dont write in ur diary for 7 months!!!! (wow...the last time I wrote in this was in July when I had Gizmo :shock: )

Oh and PS - Gizmo is doing awesome! Gained weight and is a healthy 8lbs (I mean healthy...he is very big for a chi). He is LOVING his new home!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New delema with my family dog. She has been very agressive lately and my mother is thinking of putting her down. I convinced her to give me a shot with training her and she agreed. She really doesnt want to put her down but her food/toy agression has gotten out of control. I dont know why either because I see how they trained her and my parents did everything right.
Poor girl is only 2yrs old. She is still young (she is a lhasa apso mix) and, in my opinion, still has a chance to be a normal dog.
She knows all the basic commands (sit, down, stay, etc) so I guess I will start teaching her the 'leave it' command and the 'drop it' command. This will help us if she ever has something she shouldnt have. I am also telling my sister to take her for two 45min walks a day to get rid of some of that pent-up energy.
Will update soon...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts