Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added pics of Jesus (16 week short-coat) and Pepito (14 week long-coat) to my profile, but I don't know how to make the pics smaller. In any event, it doesn't make sense for me to post it when it's already in my profile, so those are my boys on the left. I'll post other pics when I have them... and will hopefully figure out how to downsize the pic. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more pics from younger days....

Jesus is 10 weeks and Pepito is 8 weeks in these photos.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
there so adorable !! how did you get you avatar THAT big it usally says its too big i can eresiz it for you if you want :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
sorry 2pups2, we must have done it the same time. I have it saved and I lightened it a bit and sharpened it and inserted it

I cant have an avatar as big as that was :wave:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, Jesus is pronounced (Hey-Sus). I should have inserted the accent marks.

As for having two, I was a little worried about getting two puppies at once because I had read a lot of articles saying that it was a terrible idea. However, I spoke with several breeders of Chihuahuas who told me that it would actually be easier with two. I think a lot of advice on dogs in general doesn't really apply to Chihuahuas.

It's actually been great having two. They play together all the time and get a lot of exercise chasing each other around the room. They both go on the wee-wee pad, so no housetraining problems with either. They comfort each other if one gets upset because he has to go in his expen. I'm really glad we got both. The breeder started having them sleep together from the time we selected them.

The breeder is excellent! She mainly shows dogs, and all of her dogs obtain their championship. She's located in Ct, so we had to go there first for the screening interview and then again to select the puppies after they were old enough... and then again to finally pick them up. We are in constant contact with the breeder and she has even connected us with someone else that has two of her former puppies (and are related to ours). She's very selective in placing her puppies and has to meet everyone who will be living with them, but it's really worth it! Our puppies have excellent temperments thus far (fingers crossed) and are adorable (but I think we are biased). It's interesting because the father of Jesus (Hey-sus) is the great-grand father of Pepito. He was a national champion in the breed some year that can't remember. He was also the father of the chihuahua on the cover of "Chihuahua for Dummies", which is the half-sister of Jesus (Hey-sus). We actually got to see pictures of a lot of their relatives so that we could get an idea of what they would look like when they are older. In any event, we are very pleased and feel very lucky to have them! If you know anyone on the east coast who is looking for a puppy, I think she has one black/white smooth-coat who is the brother of Jesus (hey-sus) available (I think); he's 16 weeks. You'd pretty much have to be on the east coast because she has to observe you with her chihuahuas before she will place them; I think she has already turned down a few families for the black/white smooth coat.

We're going to take Jesus (hey-sus) and Pepito to Central Park for the first time this weekend. I'll post the pics after we take them.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I think I am in :love5: love. Your babies :binky: are just to cute for words. Congrats :) on them and wow what a great breeder its nice to find a breeder thats doing it for the love of the breed and not trying to make a quick buck. Can't wait to see more pics. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Yeah, we were very lucky to find the breeder we did. There are a lot of bad breeders out there... at least that's what I discovered from my research.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts