Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little sweetie was playing two weeks ago today. She and Ivy were tugging at a toy. Jewel got the toy, turned and ran head on into a square wooden table leg. She was knocked immediately unconscious. She remained unconscious for several minutes while we frantically called our vet who was about to close. We ended up taking her to the emergency vet where she spent the night. She sustained a pretty good concussion which has taken a while to get "almost" over. She is still not 100% but much, much better than she was. She had a follow-up at the vet last week and the vet did the basic reflex and neurological tests. She did well on those tests. They were playing in an area they play in all the time. I would have never thought this could happen. She scared me to death. If she would have passed away at home I would have been a basket case for a long, long time.

Jewel says "concussion or not, it's important to look cute....and you can't get rid of me that easily!"

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG how scary!
So glad she is on the mend. I can imagine your horror watching that happen, but thank goodness you were there. Sending lots of kisses to Jewel xxxxxxx
Thank you. It was horrible. Unfortunately she is not able to stack on the table right now (not sure what is going on...very nervous and sits way back). She is registered to show this weekend but she is not ready. The vet and I are watching this.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Aw no this is sad, I'm so pleased and relieved gorgeous Jewel is getting better though, you must of had an awful shock I hope you are okay.
She still looks beautiful though even though she's not feeling good!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Awwwwwww poor Jewel!!! What a fright she must of gave you, thats so sad. I hope things start to pick up soon she's a trooper and i hope you're doing ok also. We had a close call a couple of weeks back with my two they ran full speed into each other head first and they stumbled for a bit but thankfully they didn't clonk out. Pets really do give us a scare eh!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
How scary! These little guys are so tiny and often under estimated at how fast they can be. Mine run around like crazies around the table all the time, would never think something as severe could happen during innocent play time. Sending positive vibes your way Jewel. Glad you're feeling better!X

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Omg that must have been scary! Poor little Jewel! I'm glad to hear she's better now though. Rocky is mental when he plays... he gets so hyper he often runs so fast he bumps into things. I always worry, but never imagined something that bad could happen!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
OMG, how scary. Poor little Jewel. I'm so happy to hear she is on the mend and hope every day gets better for her. I hope you're feeling a little better now too and can maybe breath a little.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am thankful my husband and I were eating dinner and we saw her hit the table leg. I looked under the table and she was sprawled out unconscious. I get nervous when they play now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts