Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Melissa that is fabulous - I'm sure she was thrilled to receive it - you have amazing talent, I can't draw a stickman :)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Melissa, remember the video you posted..."Just a Dog"? Well, I just finished
watching it for a second time, because I wanted hubby to see it. So here we
are sitting, both teary eyed as I open this thread, which has a beautiful tribute
to your friend's dog, it's so very special, and very well done. I love it. Thank you
for sharing both the vid and your drawing, they both brought back sweet
memories of my own pups that passed away.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Melissa, remember the video you posted..."Just a Dog"? Well, I just finished
watching it for a second time, because I wanted hubby to see it. So here we
are sitting, both teary eyed as I open this thread, which has a beautiful tribute
to your friend's dog, it's so very special, and very well done. I love it. Thank you
for sharing both the vid and your drawing, they both brought back sweet
memories of my own pups that passed away.
Thanks. That's so sweet of you to say. I still think of dogs from my past all the time too. I do hope that if there is heaven they're all there. I still dream about them all the time too. I couldn't have done the picture without my friend's beautiful photography too. Here is her original photograph:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
To be honest, I can't tell the difference between the photo & your drawing, it is stunning! It put a knot in my throat and I'm wishing I took more photos in life because I'd give anything to have one of my Golden Retriever I had for 15.5yrs & got him just after my fiance was killed.

Oh, believe you me, there is definitely a dog heaven - about 3 years after he died, Mac (the Golden) appeared to me at 2.15am and I swore I was having an awake dream because I had woken up. I honestly thought I'd gone mad!!!

HOWEVER, he also appeared at exactly the same time on the same night to a volunteer at a charity I was running and she'd only met him a couple of times - the next day she described the setting and it was EXACTLY as he had appeared to me, right down to the colours & types of flowers. He actually 'chatted' with me for a few minutes, thanked me for putting him down when I did & telling me who he was with and that he was fully restored and happy as a lark!!!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest, I can't tell the difference between the photo & your drawing, it is stunning! It put a knot in my throat and I'm wishing I took more photos in life because I'd give anything to have one of my Golden Retriever I had for 15.5yrs & got him just after my fiance was killed.

Oh, believe you me, there is definitely a dog heaven - about 3 years after he died, Mac (the Golden) appeared to me at 2.15am and I swore I was having an awake dream because I had woken up. I honestly thought I'd gone mad!!!

HOWEVER, he also appeared at exactly the same time on the same night to a volunteer at a charity I was running and she'd only met him a couple of times - the next day she described the setting and it was EXACTLY as he had appeared to me, right down to the colours & types of flowers. He actually 'chatted' with me for a few minutes, thanked me for putting him down when I did & telling me who he was with and that he was fully restored and happy as a lark!!!
Thank you :) I like stories like that. Thanks for sharing. I know exactly what you mean though. I didn't have a camera when I was younger so the only photos I have of my childhood dogs are the ones I shared on here. I don't have any of my Black and Tan chi Lena or my shih tzu Lindy and none of my horse. It makes me sad that I can't see them any more :( Do you have why of Mac? I use it as a reminder to take lots of photos now. I have about a billion of Mylo and Willow!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Melissa, you should print all of your art and start a portfolio. Just for fun...well
and as a little confidence boost of how awesome you are and how wrong that
silly teacher was. ;) You can put Bella and Leo and Jimi and Dottie, all of the
pups you drew! That would be neat, no?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I was thinking maybe an online album on a Facebook business page or something? I hope to build more of a portfolio and perhaps print it off in future when I have enough to get them specially printed ( my printer is not the best!) Thank you ~LS~. I have a cartoon of Mylo and Willow I've been working on but I haven't done anything on it in a while.

·
Registered
960 Posts
You have such a talent Lady! In all honesty I prefer your drawing, it is slightly softer and warmer but both drawing and photo are totally gorgeous ... I know how much work will have gone into both creating a beautiful drawing and capturing that one fantastic image :)

Definitely get a facebook business page up and running, I'm run an arty business to (Face and Body painter) and a lot of my bookings come in from the facebook page. You just need to get all your friends to like and share your page and it starts from there xxx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts