Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for other employment since January of 2010, because I am incredibly unhappy at this substandard hotel I've been associated with since 2008. Last week, Thursday, I went in for an interview for a part-time job as a clerk at a feeding company. At the end of my interview, they said they would call me whether I got the job or not so I got that phone call today (Monday) and it was offered to me!!

:dance: :bootyshake: :dance: :bootyshake: :dance:

I could barely talk on the phone, I was shaking :lol: Needless to say I am very grateful to have been given this opportunity.

This job at the hotel I make 8.25 an hour, work 4 nights a week (32 weekly hours) 10pm-6am shift, always work weekends, and pretty much all holidays.

My new job I will be working 5 days a week, make 8.50 an hour, 2pm-8pm which is considered their "night" shift, get weekends off for the most part but there is the chance I will have to work if someone is on vacation or calls in.

I'll be able to sleep in my bed at night, and have a refreshing morning. Alsoooo, when Baylee comes home, I won't have to stress about leaving her overnight so with this new job, if she needs, I'll be there :D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like your new schedule will be a lot better. My fiance is a police officer and hes been on the night shift for two months now, its MISERABLE! Sounds like you not only get to sleep in your own bed at night now, but sleep in too :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats brilliant!! congratulations!!!! sounds like its worked out very well for you :D x
Thank you! :)

Congrats! Sounds like your new schedule will be a lot better. My fiance is a police officer and hes been on the night shift for two months now, its MISERABLE! Sounds like you not only get to sleep in your own bed at night now, but sleep in too :)
Thanks Katy! I empathize with your fiance. My mom works here at the hotel as well and she worked the graveyard 5 nights a week for 5 years! When I look back at that time, I really didn't see her a lot. Working this particular shift can be tiresome but when I think about why I have been miserable here, it wasn't the hours or even the pay...it was #1) the poor quality this hotel is in and when you have a poor quality hotel you have #2)rude/annoying/obnoxious customers. Those 2 things are what make me unhappy about working here.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Congrats Crystal!! So happy for you!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Congratulations!! :hello1: I'm sooo happy for you, Crystal!! xx

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
That is AWESOME! Now I need to quit MY dead end job... I am SO happy for you because I know how painful it can be to be miserable every day and how it spills over into the rest of your life. WOOHOO!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
:hello1: Crystal, what delightful news! I am so happy for you...:hello1:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you ladies! :ngreet2: I'm still working at the hotel, my last day will either be Thursday or Friday of next week. I'd love to just stop working here, but I feel bad about leaving my co-workers in the dust; my soon to be ex-employer has been too cheap to hire extra people so if I just quit, there will literally be no one to cover most of the nights.

Anywho, I actually have orientation tomorrow afternoon. The dress code policy seems to be pretty...casual. One of the supervisors who interviewed me was in jeans, even the receptionist had jeans and a big sweater on.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the past few days have been crazy to say the least. To sum it up as quickly as possible, I work for a farming company, and the department I work in is the Scales Department..everytime a truck comes in and before it goes out, I have to weigh it. there is paperwork that needs to be filled out and yada yada, the job is pretty much lots of paperwork, data entry and using the calculator to add up numbers.

Thursday was my first actual day of working, and I'd say I'm about 80% proficient in the part of weighing the trucks, and about 30% there with all the data entry.

I literally went home crying 2 days in a row because it's not 9 or 10 big things to remember, it's about a 100 little things to remember! Saturday was a much better day for me though, and I am hoping to be fully 'trained' by next thursday or friday because I'm sure they'll be ready to throw me out there to do it all myself sooon.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
How's the new job going? I hope you are loving it. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts